Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,490   Online: 891

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For transport I use an LL Bean messenger bag with a Domke insert. When I'm actually using my Rollei I carry it on a Domke gripper strap around the neck (tourist-style). I don't have an case for the Rollei but do for my wife's Yashicamat 124g and she never uses it. It just seems to add bulk and makes changing film a hassle.

Adam

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    here is the bag in case you want to see it-

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/64446?feat=messenger bag-SR0&page=sea-washed-canvas-messenger-bag
    That's a nice looking bag.

I used to use a very cheap canvas bag with a pseudo military look to it. I stopped using it when I found a thin film of canvas dust all over my camera.

I generally dislike bags as I usually end up carrying the camera and an empty bag as separate items. I carry my Rolleicord on its strap on my shoulder and carry film, filters and lightmeter in jacket pockets.

Steve.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    That's a nice looking bag.

I used to use a very cheap canvas bag with a pseudo military look to it. I stopped using it when I found a thin film of canvas dust all over my camera.

I generally dislike bags as I usually end up carrying the camera and an empty bag as separate items. I carry my Rolleicord on its strap on my shoulder and carry film, filters and lightmeter in jacket pockets.

Steve.
    The primary reason for using a bag, to me, is keeping organized. Take it out of the bag, put it back in the bag, and then it doesn't get lost or left behind somewhere and I don't have to do the self-strip-search trying to find where I put the meter/film/lenscap/etc. I'm one of those people who would lose his head if it wasn't attached, so it helps with a bit of extra discipline. It also helps provide some cover for my gear if I'm out in inclement weather. Although once I'm out and about photographing, like you, the camera is around my neck. But it makes for handy cover if you need to shield the camera from prying eyes while in transit through less-friendly areas, or if you're going in a museum or someplace where photography is not allowed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    The primary reason for using a bag, to me, is keeping organized.
    That, and "safe" transportation... but I mean more from a carrying perspective than a hiding from potential robbers aspect.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use this bag for a lot of different camera options. It does not carry an iPad or laptop, just extra weight anyway. Holds a Rollei and extras very nicely. The bag is the Lowe Sling Bag (quote did not show in reply)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My FX & FW have Domke Gripper straps with swivels. The strap bit just fits in the space for the one hapf of the scissor clip. If it's in a bag it's an A&A shoulder bag (can anyone understand their naming/numbering system??) or a Domke F2.

Shooter
    35mm
    Lowepro Adventura 120, and a Rolleinar in the side pockets.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin