Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,198   Posts: 1,531,448   Online: 813

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Rollei Users.. How do you carry your camera?

Hey guys,

I'm curious.. How do you guys carry your Rollei around? Do have it in the Ever ready case, Out by itself with camera strap? Do you pull it out of a traditional camera bag? Do use a messenger type of bag?

ToddB

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Strap and a messenger bag, I have come to quite like ever-ready cases, but don't have one for the Rollei at the moment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have several -- those with an everready case I use with the case and a strap; otherwise, just a strap.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What type of messenger bag? I saw those new sling bags that are pretty cool. Might be cool for grab and go situation.

Todd

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Strap and either a messenger bag or a more traditional camera bag - I have a nice Tenba I bought years upon years ago that fits up to two Rollei bodies, a half-dozen pro-packs of 120 film, and a Sekonic 408 meter in the main compartment, or one Rollei, a Vivitar grip/bracket and a Vivitar 283, plus the aforementioned meter and film. I dislike the never-ready cases for that reason- they always interfere with your ability to take a picture when the opportunity presents itself. But I have a nice canvas messenger bag that doesn't look like a camera bag or something fancy that might have a laptop or other valuables in it - it's an LL Bean messenger bag in the "sea washed" finish. It's big enough to carry all that stuff plus an iPad or a laptop in a separate padded interior compartment.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Cool.. sounds like a winner set up. I should discribe my set up since I started this thread. Yes.. i do the Never -ready case with traditional leather camera strap. when I'm done I pack it away in NG style packpack when I'm done shooting. Works well. Same as you in regards with two bodies, room for Ipad and light meter and film. The messenger bag again has my interest. Lowepro makes one but again un-decided. Ayone else? This is pretty cool to see what eveyone else is doing.

ToddB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't have a Rollei but I carry my Ikoflex around on a strap. When not in use it lives in a bubble-wrap bag. I don't like cases with me when I am in action and don't always bother when they are not in use. I am pretty tough on my kit.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    here is the bag in case you want to see it-

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/64446?feat=messenger bag-SR0&page=sea-washed-canvas-messenger-bag

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Pretty slick looking bag.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't like "everready" cases - we used to call them "neverready" on 35mm cameras. I actually have a nice one for my Rollei 3.5F, but don't use it. I carry the camera and accessories in a bag, as FlyingCamera describes, and once I am in the field, I attach to a tripod or monopod and keep it on till I'm done. Most of my shooting walking about in unpopulated areas, vs street photography, so this works for me. Ditto 35mm gear. I have several bags of different size, and usually put together what I want each time I go shooting, and take the bag that works.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin