Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,752   Online: 900

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    I have the Pro so I have interchangeable backs. I've never handled one of the earlier ones.
    I don't have, nor have I used, one of the left hand grips. I have the winder grip, which is a right hand grip. The camera handles great with it, even if it is a bit big and heavy.
    The right hand motor grip for the older versions (not the Pro or Super) is very large and noisy, and it can be hard to find one that includes the necessary coupler.

Rumour has it though that the thumb operated winder designed for the 645e may work with some of the older models.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format

New-to-me Mamiya 645

Ah ok. It's pretty nice on my Pro.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an M series from the early production. I can't say how many rolls I've shot but it's in the hundreds. I have nearly all the accessories and extra inserts, I even have the original case. It's a fine camera. I'm partial to it despite having to tilt it for vertical shots. It's never failed in me. I've replaced the seals once and that's it. Have fun with yours. I did but a Pro model a couple years ago. I have a nicely equipped RB67 Pro S too and the revolving back is a delight.

My preference these days is large format though.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello Nathan;
    My 1000s has the AE prism, which is great for quick shots. This is an aperature priority system with the shutter speeds being selected. If you really like the camera this might be worth a look. For indoor shots a Sunpak 555 is used with 6 x 6 mount, letting the flash to be used in automatic mode. I like the fact of getting 15 exposures out of a roll of film, Steven.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin