Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,351   Posts: 1,682,558   Online: 705

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Just discovered Horseman 970/980/985. Now i NEED one!

Just stumbled upon these cameras whilst researching large format. Was toying with the idea of moving up to 4x5 from my 6x6 Bronica kit and then i saw these. Perfect for me i think - up to 6x9 and some movement available in camera. after thinking about 4x5 i dont think ill go for it; my enlarger only does up to 6x9 so id have to get a new one and im just not keen for that at the moment. The Horseman seems like a natural step up from m Bronica and ive been after a folding bellows type camera for a while.

can anyone recommend which model to get and any tip on what to look out for lens-wise/accessories-wise? i would prefer a glass back if these cameras come with them but i dont know much about them. anyone who owns one on here who can offer advice/tips on buying?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm sitting at finishing a coffee with my Horseman vhr in my car, ready to go out shooting. It os a great system. Look for the later all black cameras. They may have less wear and tear, but the differences the models are small. The ER-1 is another story; it is rare and expensive.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    im jealous! i have to own one but they dont seem to be popping up in many places

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They pop up every once in a while, but rarely. As I vaguely recall, there is an issue with using wide lenses on one of the earlier models. But don't take that a fact without verifying.

You might consider a Century Graphic (6x9) as a temporary substitute until you find your horseman.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

My wife gives me hell when you leave the toilet seat up... so STOP leaving the toilet seat up!!
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Have you considered using a 6x9cm roll film holder with a 4x5 camera? There are more options with this approach. You can shoot 6x12cm or 4x5 later if you get a 4x5 enlarger.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wilfbiffherb View Post
    im jealous! i have to own one but they dont seem to be popping up in many places
    You need all this stuff

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ooooh now that's just mean, ic-racer

Horseman was not the only company to make 6x9 bellows cameras with (limited) movements. I've seen Linhofs Super Technika IV with lenses go for less than 500$ on eBay. Just know that there are alternatives.

http://www.cameraquest.com/lint369.htm
    And the sign said, "long haired freaky people need not apply"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    You need all this stuff

I ABSOLUTELY DO NEED ALL OF THAT STUFF!! i also need money to obtain it haha. curses. could sell my bronica kit but i do love it...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    dnjl - thats lovely too. i just love these style of camera and the movement is something i want for narrowing down DOF. plus itll be nice to break free from 6x6 and do some 6x7 and 6x9.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ive been looking to get rid of my hassy setup for a vh-r setup. I want the movements.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin