Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,870   Posts: 1,583,304   Online: 1134

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    I'm wondering what would be a good minimum shutter speed for the GA645 Fuji camera. I recently got back some film and found many super soft images, with nothing much in good focus. I think I might be too liberal with what shutter speeds I can get away with, with this camera. It's got a 65 mm lens and I go well under 1/60 sec in shutter speeds. At what speed should I try to maintain to make certain that camera shake is not really probable?

Thanks!

The answer is YES, 1/30th is mostly too slow for my GA645. I have not been able to do any of the testing described in this thread to check my camera's focus. But I got back from the lab 6 rolls of film today with 4 of the rolls being high speed 400 or 1600 film. MUCH better sharpness. It has to be due to the higher shutter speeds. 1/45 and higher speeds lost almost 100% better. Only a few throw aways.

I guess I have to shoot a lot less 100 speed film. Makes me sad as I LOVE Acros film.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    If you have a camera repair shop , you can have a test for 1/30 speed. And I am more nervous than yesteryears and I was taking 1/8 damn sharp with my Leica IIF and IIIC , 20 years ago. Now its too hard. I think you will have more success with your camera after a long holiday.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Your color shots look well-enough focused to me at these sizes too.

This is conjecture, but I'd guess your problem is less shutter speed and more a combination of missed focus (your B&W marketplace) and a simple unrealistic estimation of how much depth of field you're going to get out of a 65mm lens when shooting 645.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin