Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,437   Online: 953

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've sent to Krimar three times, once for a 3.5T which I sent back for him to double check some things, including parallel-ness between the viewing glass and the negs (don't always agree). He said it was the best I could expect from a T. He reminded me of the age of these cameras and technology of the time (late 50's for mine), fits with Nick's comment from him about the T.
    The other one was a 3.5F, newer, CLA, nice job no issues.
    Both times he received the camera and sent it back out within 3 - 4 days.
    Cost in the original jobs has been between $300 and $350, shutter rebuilds, advance mechanism, probably typical CLA stuff, no lens work on mine.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes the T model.. I asked Harry about the T in regards "are they any good"? I said.. if your wanting to use several hundreds of of rolls a month, it's probably not the best choise for that due to the fact a light less robust mechinism inside. But he went to say that T had a very good lens in it. I was mostly designed for consumer use. Lets fase it.. who out there shoots several hundred of rolls these days. Before I sent it off, I was totally impressed with the image quality.. pin sharp.

ToddB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    Yes the T model.. I asked Harry about the T in regards "are they any good"? I said.. if your wanting to use several hundreds of of rolls a month, it's probably not the best choise for that due to the fact a light less robust mechinism inside. But he went to say that T had a very good lens in it. I was mostly designed for consumer use. Lets fase it.. who out there shoots several hundred of rolls these days. Before I sent it off, I was totally impressed with the image quality.. pin sharp.

ToddB
    In the late 1980s I had several Tessar lens-ed Rolleiflexes, including a T. Of all I had, the T had the sharpest lens - I used Panatomic-X on a tripod and compared the negatives with a microscope, the subject matter was fine detail at infinity.

I've read but cannot verify that the Tessar used in the T had lanthanum glass to inprove on the corrections. The internals of the T may not be up to the standards of other Rolleis, but they are excellent by any standard. Use it and enjoy.

Too bad you can't get PKR-64 and really enjoy that lens...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Harry has had my 2.8F since a week before Christmas. I can't wait to get it back with the overhauled shutter. He told me 10 weeks.
    Dennis

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I also have a 3.5f. It has patina on outer part of camera, the self timer is funky, but overall.. function very well. I was thinking of submitting that later on.

Todd

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    I also have a 3.5f. It has patina on outer part of camera, the self timer is funky, but overall.. function very well. I was thinking of submitting that later on.

Todd
    Whatever you do, Todd... don't use that self-timer until you get the shutter overhauled. They tend to first "get funky" then jam...and when jammed you'll be completely out-of-luck since the shutter completely stops working!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thats funny you mention that..when I got the 3.5F, i tried all the funtions to see what i had. I notice that the self timer was stalling. So I took note of that and stopped using it. I notice too... that in the shutter speed, there I believe a 1,2 in blue colored selector that kind of funky. The shutter stays open. So i don't use that eaither. I'm sure the CLA will take care of that.

Todd

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I got my camera back last night. Amazing!! Everything work like it should. Slow speeds operate like it should. can't wait to run a roll throught this weekend.

ToddB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin