Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,354   Posts: 1,682,608   Online: 949

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

T model Rollei on it's way back.

Hey guys,

Got an email from Harry Fleenor last night. My T model Rollei it's in it's way back from CLA treatment. I can hardly wait to see it. I'll keep you posted.

ToddB
    Last edited by ToddB; 01-04-2013 at 01:37 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just curious how long you were waiting for it. I just got yesterday from Krikor Maralian a 3.5E that he received from me on 12/24, overhauled, and mailed back to me 12/28.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had Harry Fleenor tidy up my Rolleiflex K4B last year. It took 10 weeks.

He installed a Maxwell Screen and did a nice job on the rest of it. Very pleased.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Nick- out of curiosity, what did you have done to it and how much did it cost?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Very cool! I had mine done by Midstate Camera over in Rhode Island and it worked out terribly for me. I had to send it back to them twice. It is still not right. The self timer, which worked before I sent the camera in, now often randomly seems to jam the camera up.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    About 12 weeks. The 9 week marker was on December 20.

ToddB

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My camera didn't have whole lot of issues. It had the typical issue of laboring on slow speeds and jamming on occations. lack of a good lube and cleaning.The light meter on this model is very bizarre.

ToddB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sure, don't mind telling you that I paid him $325 + $25 shipping. I had mentioned to him that the self-timer worked intermittently at best, and that the winding mechanism was rough, but that a CLA was likely called for. His invoice says: "Repair complete shutter + replace main spring + self-timer; repair complete transport + adjust the door; check focus."

The meter is working and pretty accurate as far as I can tell, so he didn't touch it. (He has told me in the past that there are no parts for E meters anymore; he has parts for the F meters still.) Also, the glass is clean so he didn't open up the lenses at all -- I'm actually not so sure he works on the lenses.

This may be gratuitous, but he has told me that he doesn't think much of the T model. I've seen that said by others too.

One last thing -- interestingly, my camera had been worked on at some point in the past by Harry Fleenor since it has his sticker inside.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Krikor also managed to fix and CLA my Cord V within about 3 days of receiving it. I was leaving the country at the end of Dec and he had it back to me with 2 weeks to spare. Definitely strongly recommended.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just got an email back today from Harry, after inquiring about him working on a 3.5F I've got coming. He said he's running about 10 weeks on repairs ATM.
    --
    Kenton Brede
    http://kentonbrede.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin