Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,545,006   Online: 770

Shooter
    Large Format

Will a Pentax 645 fire without a lens but with a back (without film loaded) ?

Does it just display '60' in the LCD?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No, it will not fire with a back on but no film. In this state, by holding the Mode button and pressing the arrow buttons, it is possible to switch the mode between B, 60 and M 1000, which is shown on the LCD. To fire the camera without film, you have to remove the insert. The camera then fires at B, 1/60 s or 1/1000 s, respectively.
    Fred

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Or alternatively, if you have the special cover for the back it will allow the camera to dry fire.
    As as for the question about firing without a lens, I think I remember doing that, but I don't have my 645 with me now so I can't confirm it. But if I remember correctly, removing the lens does not make dry firing impossible.
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thank you both! Exactly what I needed to know!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin