Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,536   Posts: 1,572,742   Online: 783

Shooter
    35mm

Bronica SQ-A part needed, help please

Ok so I have tried every repair place and used camera store that I can think of and have come up empty handed. I need the battery door for my SQ-A and no one has any. I have tried all of the online places (KEH, KOH, B&H, ebay, etc) and can't find one, so I am hoping that someone might have a broken SQ-A body lying around that they might be willing to part with the battery door, or does anyone know of an obscure source for one that I haven't thought of? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Given the prices asked for SQ(A) winding cranks, focus screens and battery doors vs the camera bodies, you might just pick up a low-rated used body that has those items and call it an investment in the future. A couple of years back I was on the verge of doing that when the focus screen I wanted did actually show up. I admit it has been a while since I've perused the Bronica ads, having pretty much satiated my GAS in that area, mayhaps my info could be out of date.

Shooter
    35mm

Bronica SQ-A part needed, help please

I obtained some spares for my SQAm recently from the former UK importers. Look at www.intro2020.co.uk. Go to the "service" section and scroll down. You should see contact details for Bronica spares and repair. I contacted them by phone. It took a few days for the right person to get back to me, but I got the bits I needed. That was around 4 weeks ago. Alex.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scholzj1 View Post
    Ok so I have tried every repair place and used camera store that I can think of and have come up empty handed. I need the battery door for my SQ-A and no one has any. I have tried all of the online places (KEH, KOH, B&H, ebay, etc) and can't find one, so I am hoping that someone might have a broken SQ-A body lying around that they might be willing to part with the battery door, or does anyone know of an obscure source for one that I haven't thought of? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Buy an UGLY body from KEH. It will cost next to nothing and should at least have a battery door!
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Did you ask Jimmy at KOH's Camera? He usually has spare parts for Bronica SQ.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Call Koh's Camera again. They still list the battery cover for the ETRSi/SQ/SQA. $20. I bought one recently from them.

Also, if you use the Speed Grip, it will keep the battery from falling out.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Have you contacted Tamron? When my AEIII went bad I took it to a local shop and they contacted Tamron or Tamron's designated service provider. The finder was sent in and worked on without delay. In the end they just replaced it for me. This was 2-3 years ago. So I would think Tamron could still help.
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    35mm
    Ok so I tried KOH, Tamron, KEH, Adorama, Pacific Rim Camera, Blue Moon Camera, and the UK importers and none have a battery door. It looks like I am going to have to buy a body and harvest parts from it, but that will probably be better in the long run anyways. Thanks for all of the suggestions.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin