Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,449   Online: 972

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The value of used cameras depend on a lot of things - not just the camera themselves (which can be quite a range) but also conditions and market. I have no idea what they are worth in your country and in your area.

When it comes to the cameras themselves, the value also depends on conditions and EXACTLY what you have. For example, for RB type cameras, the body itself comes in 3 versions. Original, -S and -SD. The back comes in 3 versions just like that also. The lens comes in at least 3 versions. Original, C, and K/L. The value could range as much as by factor of 3 from the least to the most. RZ is similar. Of course, a working and clean example will sell for more where as non-working and user camera will sell for less.

So you see, it's not an easy thing to say it's worth THIS much. If we give a range, it'll be useless because the range is so wide. There's so much we can tell from photograph, too.

If you know little or nothing about the pieces, you may just want to take them to a local camera store that deals with used cameras and let them tell you. As I eluded earlier, KEH has an online price estimator. You might check that, too so you know roughly what they are worth.

Most of us try to be as helpful as we can on APUG. However, we are running into limitations as to how we can help you.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Large Format
    If you are a member of Large Format Photography Forum, I would list everything both there and here on APUG. Most photographers on both sites shoot more than one format.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To keep it simple look up KEH!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You will likely get a better price selling on a forum like this, but as others have stated, such sales are based on trust. If this forum works like most others, once you have agreed on a price and shipping method and insurance etc. with a buyer, they send you the money and then you send them the product. There is almost no protection what so ever for the buyer. You could just run with their money. You could send them something else worth far less. You could send them broken equipment, etc. and they have little or no legal recourse. That is why trust is so important.

Ebay has a bit more protection built in but many other inherent risks as well. There are lots and lots of unscrupulous folks prowling around there. Selling it at a store is the safest way to go for either party. They will fully inspect it and make sure of it's condition and then pay you right there. They get the equipment, you get the money. But the down side is that they will only pay you about 50% of what they intend to sell it for!

Probably the best solution is to find a local customer who can come and inspect the equipment before paying you.

By the way, if you really don't know much about this equipment as you say, I can tell you that it is all very nice equipment. The Mamiya stuff isn't all that valuable (comparatively) but is quite popular so you should have no problem finding a buyer. The Linhoff is considerably more valuable, but also demand is a bit lower as no nearly as many folks are using large format. But it looks to be in very nice condition.

Good Luck! (to you and your buyers)
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by apatrik View Post
    ......... or I should keep them................
    From what you said, your not into photography, at least, analog type. I doubt the value will increase by hanging onto then so my recommendation is to proceed to figure out how you are going to sell them. JMHO
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin