Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,843   Online: 762

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I *just* threw out an old blood pressure meter. It had a working air pump in it. I really wish I kept that.... It would have been a perfect pump for this usage.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just have a release set up and then use a piece of wood/something that is connected to a string your holding onto. Pull the string, wood falls over, lands on the release, trips the shutter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rube Goldberg method! I like it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One problem with the long reach pnuematic units is that the small bulb does not have enough volume to fill the 30' of soft, stretchy rubber tube with enough pressure to be firm and reliable.

The longer the tube the more flabby the action.
    The softer the tube the more flabby the action.
    The bulb volume must be large enough to fill the entire tube and cylinder with plenty of FIRM pressure.

Two things are needed...

... Tubing that won't expand, such as 1/8" I.D urethane or pvc plastic.
    ... A BIG bulb with plenty of volume and firm enough to maintain pressure, such as this one...
    http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a...-NOZZLE/1.html
    This is the one I use on my front mounted Packard shutter systems.

Reinhold

www.re-inventedPhotoEquip.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you. I didn't think about that but makes sense. My 20 feet bulb will be here on Friday. I'll see how much reserve capacity the bulb has.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Pneumatic won't work.. too long n not enough volume or preasure.

Electrical is the best bet using a solenoid to push a regualr cable release in. Make the wire as long as you like. A fun DIY project.

Otherwise another is model airplane or boat remote controls to push a cable release in for ya.

no brainers, just some DIY know how to make it work.

Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    Rube Goldberg method! I like it.
    HAHAAH guess so.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just got the Adorama version of this... 20 feet long. About 12 bucks. Plenty of reserve in the bulb although I don't think I can lengthen this by extending it much.

Shooter
    Multi Format

At my local Dollar Store...

At my local Dollar General store they have one of those remote door bells buttons sitting on the counter. When you are ready to check out, you ring the door bell and the little gal comes running. I don't know how much those cost, but I would think you could maybe rework the thing to trip a shutter. If not that, if you could find a junked car with the remote lock system, and the key fob to go with it, then you would have a camera tripping device that only one in 100,000 honest people could use to trip your shutter. Or, one in 10 crimminals. There must be other remote devices that could be used to do the deed. Ric.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    After I posted that last comment, I thought of another thing one might use. Could the remote trunk release in a car be converted for that too? If you went to a junk yard, and removed the button which is usually in the glove compartment, and remove the release in the truck, other than a 12volt battery, I would think you would have all the major components that you need? Any feedback on this? Ric.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin