Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,335   Online: 727

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Long distance shutter release for RB

I need a remote shutter release for Mamiya RB-SD. Of course, RB uses threaded type release so any kind will do but I have one requirement. It needs to work from at minimum 30 feet away, hopefully 40 feet. Looking everywhere, I can only find the bulb type release.

Are there any OTHER choice? I would really love to have radio control type but I cannot find one with mechanically actuated threaded adapter. I can DIY but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

It does NOT need to be the double kind. I'll just raise the mirror manually and trip the shutter only via remote.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The longest one I have is about 10 feet. Could you make one by radio control unit?

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A wife/girlfriend/significant other works well, but there are overhead issues .

Looks like you aren't he first to consider this: http://www.societyofrobots.com/robot...?topic=14715.0
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah, just a small problem.... She is going to be in the photograph with me....

This is a double self-portrait project.

I thought about getting a short pneumatic type, cut it, and pump it up with a small air pump. I can rig up a garage door clicker and receiver, hook it up to a pump and do it that way. I think it's better than using a solenoid or servo as vibration won't transfer to the camera body.

I really wanted to avoid DIY though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Would one of the accessory self-timers like the Walz work for you?

I have something similar, but confess I've not tried it on my RB.

Here is a completed auction where someone paid way too much for one: http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/63336...ELF_TIMER.html
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I hate self-timers!

Escaped Bakersfield, CA. Now in Indianapolis.
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    I hate self-timers!
    Hey! Not cool! My father used a self-timer in World War 2!

But really, that's some strong feeling for self-timers. But whatever works. I really hope you can find one. I've only seen really long air-bulby type jobbies.

Good luck!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The air/bulb type of release should work. I have on that came with a long hose, 20 foot I think. Should be able to extend the hose with something from the local hardware store.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Self-timer always makes me nervous. I much prefer remote control.

I just ordered 20 feet bulb release. If it doesn't work to my liking, I might just rig up something myself.

Shooter
    35mm
    If I need to do what you want to do I would buy the pneumatic type and hook it up to a can of air with a solenoid operated valve in between. The remote control system will turn on the solenoid valve.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin