Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,408   Online: 893

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was at the camera store today and I asked the gentleman behind the counter what he thought of the price. He said that it seemed cheap, but that one ought to be careful, as there's no telling what a repair of the shutter might cost... That does indicate that it might be difficult to find a camera for cheaper however, and if the body/back is in good condition... Obviously I'd still want the possibility to return it if something turns out to be wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is very difficult to give anymore real advice, since the OP has not identified exactly which
    model of RB camera body, series of lens, or whether a film back and WLF finder is included.

Shooter
    Multi Format

My story about a RB purchase.

I bought two RB67 Pro S cameras and here is the story of what I got. I bought both on ebay and the first one came from a company that rents pro equipment, so I knew it was used by a pro. At this point I didn't know squat about medium formats and less about the Rb system. By the way, I spent $300 for each camera and sold one on ebay for $120. Ouch! Anyway, the first one looked in perfect shape and as far as I can tell the shutter is working great so far. I have only run about 10 rolls of film through it. There was a problem with the (I can't think of the name of the thing) but anyway it is the thing that prevents you from tripping the shutter when something isn't right. While shooting some family shots, it would not allow me to shoot in the horizontal position. I sent it in and got all the problems fixed and now have what looks like a brand new camera. The other one had a slight flaw on the bellow, but it was not a light leak. I only shot one roll of film through it and it was fine. The aperture blades did stick a little after the exposure was made, but moving the aperture ring a bit would free them up. It would be the hardest camera to part with of all the cameras I own. The pictures are super sharp and you feel like you are using a real camera. My 35mm equipment is great (two X-700's) but if it were not for the speed of use and the lenses I have, they would be sitting on the shelf. I also have a digital Nikon DSLR, but don't even get me started on that. I didn't mention that the RB that I have now that had to be fixed cost about $125 I think. So I have about $425 in it. I'm not sorry though. Each camera came with WLF and 127mm lense, 120 back. Had I known I was only going to get $120 for the one I sold on ebay, I would have kept it. Ric.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I bought a RB-Pro S for $450 in awesome mechanical condition and relatively good aesthetic condition. Only issue it's ever had is that the back occasionally does't recognize that an exposure has been made, and I have to stop, put the darkslide in, release the shutter, and it usually rights itself. This has led to maybe 1 accidental blank frame every 3-4 rolls. I realize I might have paid a little much, but I immediately fell in love with it.
    In other worlds he has
    darker days, blacker swells.
    Strokes that mix noir revenge
    on waves of grey.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This turned out to be an original RB-Pro, so I think I might give it a pass, pick up some additional LF gear for the money instead.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    HEAR IN LONDON RB.S SELL FOR 300 POUNDS WITH STANDARD LENS TRY FFORDS PHOTOGRAPHIC.COM.STEVEP51

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin