Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,842   Online: 899

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    yes, but the OP already has an 80mm lens!

Steve.
    He hasn't revealed which one it is
    yet

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    You want the 80/1.9 lens, not the 80/2.8 lens. A very special 80mm for sure.
    I consider the 80 f/1.9 to be more of a desirable accessory than the best choice for an all purpose, standard lens.

Just as I do the 80mm f/4 macro lens, which happens to be the 80mm lens I own.

But that is at least part due to the fact that the 80mm f/2.8 (or the 110mm f/2.8 that I use in its place) share the same small size, filter size and compatibility with the focus assist lever that the 55mm f/2.8, 150mm f/3.5 and 210 mm f/4 lenses do.

Which just goes to show that the lens choice is wide enough to serve the needs of many different people.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Matt,

Thank you for a great writeup. I thought the 645 series were their own lenses. So, these are the lenses I have

* 80mm f/2.8
    * 45mm f/2.8 (w/ the 77mm filter)

They are both C series lenses. That they date from the 1970's would not surprise me. They are sort of heavy, but that really doesn't bother me because I really like the nice solid feel to them. The 1000S feels like it is built like a tank and no doubt it is.

Unfortunately, the 45mm was dropped at some point in its life and the filter ring is dented. Nothing else seems to be wrong with it though, attesting to the solid build of these things. The seller included the 45mm as a "bonus" and didn't represent it as working.

I also got the aluminum case, a hand grip, lens hoods and a whole other bunch of accessories. My guess is that it once belonged to a wedding photographer.

The only problem I am having with the whole kit right now is that my 14 year old daughter is trying to glom onto it as fast as possible. She loves anything with a "twisty lens."

-- Jason
    All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the original 645 plus a 645 Super with the AE finder and motor drive grip. They are both great cameras. I've been using the 80 f/2.8, the 45 f/2.8 and the 150 f/4.0. The 150 is a great lens; even the earliest version f/4.0 (which I have) is a winner. If you are looking to round out your system, that might be your next lens. It's also very affordable.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nothing wrong with the 80mm 2.8, but the 1.9 is just magical.

There is a 150mm 2.8 lens. Harder to come by and more $ than the f3.5 or f4 version.

There are also Leaf Shutter lenses (55mm, 70mm, 80mm, 150mm) that can sync up to 1/500s for flash.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin