Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,396   Online: 758

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Am I going to be the only one that's going to say reload speed should be lower on the list then other things when looking for a camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cjbecker View Post
    Am I going to be the only one that's going to say reload speed should be lower on the list then other things when looking for a camera.
    It used to be quite important when I shot weddings!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another vote for the Mamiya 645's with film inserts. whether you have the Super/TL or the earlier 645 versions without interchangeable backs, the reloadable inserts are the fastest going. If you had 3 or 4 preloaded inserts, you could reload very, very quickly. They are also fairly inexpensive; the going price seems to be about $40. The Hasselblad (and I've been using one for a while now) are a pain, even if you pre-loaded the film inserts. They're just not as quick as the Mamiya 645's.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hands down Rollei 6000 series. Interchangeable backs, faster darkslide (no dropping them like Hassie), pre-loadable inserts, auto sensing *with MotorDrive*, heck even the inserts are reversible so you don't have to swap around the spool, spring loaded spool release. No question. I've used all the others and if you never actually loaded and shot with a Rollei 6000 your jaw will drop when you see how fast it can load (maybe I should do a small video on youtube?). Faster than many 35mm from empty roll to ready roll.
    Really fast. Did I mention Fast?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Fastest MF camera to load?

Classic Bronica backs were selling for $60 a piece when I was using them a few years ago with my S2A. Probably less now. I had five. Pre-load at leisure, swap at will.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It takes less than 20 seconds to load a Hasselblad magazine. Seriously, are you thinking that is too long?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you don't mind switching backs, then just about any of those cameras will be very fast. Otherwise, I think Mamiya 7, or Bessa III (Fujifilm GF670) would be be very fast, as you're used to load a Bessa range finder.

Rolleiflex is not too bad, but I'm a lot faster loading my Zeiss Ikonta III than my Rolleiflex.

For ultimate speed, get a camera with swappable back, does not really get any faster. Hasselblad is good for that as it won't let you remove the back without putting in a dark slide first, I'm not sure about other cameras, but my Fotoman with Graflock back does not have such niceties, and you can easily take of the back and ruin the film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Good reload speed with any MF camera I've seen is mostly about being well practiced.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How fast medium format cameras are to load depends on how many hours you are prepared to spend practising until you can do it with your eyes closed.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    My Mamiya C330 and the Mamiya C220 I used to have were simple and straightforward to load, and therefore very quick.
    I have owned a Mamiya C330 and I have two Hasselblads. It is faster to swap backs on a Hasselblad than load a C330. Furthermore one can change film types mid-roll on a Hasselblad without wasting a frame or the rest of the roll. The Mamiyia C330 is much more fiddlely requiring flipping from one side to the other to set and cock some of the lenses. There is no such nonsense with a Hasselblad.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin