Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,680   Online: 904

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    > if you are standing and have no place to temporarily set down camera parts

It is at least possible with the Rolleiflexes and Rolleicords. I own cameras fro whcih that requires artistic skills.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Large Format
    I will carry one back for color and one for b/w, but not 2 of each. Sure, if I run out of color I can switch quickly to the b/w back, but it's not how I like to work because if I've chosen color for a particular shot it's for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I carry both black & white film backs and color film backs. Sometimes I will take a composition with both backs. I spent a week at Yosemite at the beginning of December one year. I was only planning of shooting color, but it had just snowed and after shooting a few scenes in color, I ended up shooting only black & white the rest of the time. I have some fantastic photographs from that trip. Be prepared for anything and wonderful opportunities arise.

Also when I am using the Hasselblad I already have the 50mm, 80mm, 150mm, 250mm lenses, the filters, close-up rings, 2X adapter and a 903 SWC available. How much more trouble does it take to have an extra film back too?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rangefinders and the P67 have the distinct advantage of working like a 35mm SLR. You just swing open the back and do your thing; thus no removable parts that require another hand or pocket while reloading.
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    +1 for hasselblad and film backs
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by revdocjim View Post
    Rangefinders and the P67 have the distinct advantage of working like a 35mm SLR. You just swing open the back and do your thing; thus no removable parts that require another hand or pocket while reloading.
    But if you need to change film mid=roll, you loose the rest of the roll. If you are using a slower film during the day and have 10 exposures on a 36 exposure roll and you need to change to high speed film for available light photography are you going to waste 16 exposures on the first roll?
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I never had a problem loading my RB67 or the Rolleiflex TLR 2.8. Usually I can to it within 5 years!

Jeff

Shooter
    Instant Films
    Fuji with bar coded fuji film. no need to align start marks, no 120220 setting or set ISO.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin