Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,913   Posts: 1,521,696   Online: 1055

Shooter
    Medium Format

Rollei Telephoto filter?

Hey guys,

Did Rolleiflex make a telephoto lens filter? This is different than close-up.

ToddB

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Todd, Rollei made a Tele-Mutar 1.5x.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I own both mutars, the tele and the widieangle lens. They are quite expansive and seldom to find.
    Both mutars work well at least with the 75/3.5 Planar which I have in my 3,5F. They should be stopped down to f/8 for optimal sharpness at the edges and in the corners. There is no visible loss of light.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Great.. I noticed they are quit expensive. Does Rollei make a seperate lens filters like Rolleinar close ups in Tele? Does that make sence?

Todd

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello Todd,
    a close up lens has a positive number of dioptries and reduces the focal length of the camera lens. A tele-lens with a negative number of dioptries in front of the taking lens would increase the focal length and than the built in camera lens is too close to the film. You would need more distance between lens and film to get an infinity focus which is not possible with a Rolleiflex. Such "Distar" lenses existed for bellows cameras which have enough distance. The so called tele converters do the same but are mounted behind the taking lens, which is not possible with a Rolleiflex too. The Mutars are very complex special lens systems (large, heavy, expensive, rare).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks Jochens..

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Terminology

Those lenses are not called filters but lens attachments.

Filters actually have an opacity effect: either related to the spectrum, to the polarisation or plan flat.

The only "filters" that have refractive characteristices are amongst those effect-filters. Though here too designation is not well chosen... Effect-lenses would be the appropriate term.
    Last edited by AgX; 01-17-2013 at 09:32 AM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin