Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,891   Online: 1069

Shooter
    Multi Format

Fuji 120 roll film numbering.

Hi All.

I read somewhere on the web today that Fuji don't put 6x9 frame numbers on their 120 rollfilm. Is this true? And if so are they the only ones or are there other makes of film that can't be used with 6x9 cameras?

Chris B.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    not true. film numbering is an industry standard, not something individual manufacturers make up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ipno Tizer View Post
    Hi All.

I read somewhere on the web today that Fuji don't put 6x9 frame numbers on their 120 rollfilm. Is this true? And if so are they the only ones or are there other makes of film that can't be used with 6x9 cameras?

Chris B.
    All of the Fuji (and in fact all of the 120 film) that I've ever used has had 6x4.5, 6x6, and 6x9 frame numbers on it. Maybe the author of the webpage was thinking 6x7?
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    But 6x7 is a new format only used at cameras that got a self-locking film advance.
    Thus no need for frame markings.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I thought it sounded a bit odd. After all there's no shortage of 6x9's about and not many of them have anything more than a ruby glass as a frame counter. So if you leave left out the 6x9 frame numbers you'd be turning down money.

I was out with my Kodak No 1 Pocket camera today loaded with some slightly out of date Illford delta 100 to get some pictures in the snow. But it would be nice to do some transparencies in 6x9 just to view on a lightbox. So I was a bit concerned that I might not be able to get any 120 Fuji slide film with the correct numbering.

Chris B.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin