Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,948   Posts: 1,585,926   Online: 1031

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just to wrap this up, the camera is fine. I loaded and unloaded in a darkened hallway and both rebate strips were clear. I also didn't wrap as much paper onto the uptake spool, before closing the door, as I did the first time.

Thanks all!
    --
    Kenton Brede
    http://kentonbrede.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You may see various small amounts of rebate fog with your Rollei from time to time. I think it is just difficult to do everything right all the time;
    Keep the load and rewind in the dark, keep the paper tight when doing both, etc. It's a kind of primitive system, if you think about it. Just work on your technique.
    I have a 3.5T that occasionally has fogging up into the first frame or two, and I never know why.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 250swb View Post
    Adox is (was) another with a big problem for fogging the edges of the film, the paper backing isn't very accurate like with Ilford, and the film would need to be loaded and unloaded in subdued light.

So there is a plan, load and unload in very subdued light. If the fogging has gone or is better you are closer to discovering the cause.

Steve
    I would recommend that the OP shoot a roll of Kodak or Ilford film, carefully tightening the roll before sealing and protecting the film from bright lights. If the problem occurs on these conditions, then the body or door or both are out of alignment or the light seal needs to be replaced.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Kenton, the Rolleiflex has automatic advancing to the first frame by means of two rollers between which the film is loaded, a unique Rolleiflex feature. It's why the guy in the video didn't have to advance the film up to the index marks, which you have to do with every other TLR I know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    tessar - my 3.5T doesn't take the film between the rollers (it doesn't have 2 rollers, I have to reference the arrows on this camera), but the 3.5F I have does. I don't think all Rolleis have the double roll system.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin