Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,055   Online: 804

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

I finally made the leap!

Greetings,

I just thought I would share with all my leap into medium format land. I have recently purchased from a friend (a good photogrpaher who has gone completely digital) a very well cared for Mamiya system. It includes: RB67 Pros S body with Beattie Intenscreen, Prism Finder, 2-120 film backs, 1 Mamiya polaroid film back, 1 NPC polaroid film back, 90mm Mamiya-Sekor f/3.8, 180mm Mamiya-Sekor f/4.5, lens hoods, Tiffen #8 & #11 filters, cable release, and bag. Price------$1,000.

I've been waiting for something like this to come along for a long time! guess patience is virtue.

Images
    Sweet system, nice price.
    You are instantly neck deep in MF.
    We'll be looking for some pictures in the galleries
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck1
    Greetings,

I just thought I would share with all my leap into medium format land. I have recently purchased from a friend (a good photogrpaher who has gone completely digital) a very well cared for Mamiya system. It includes: RB67 Pros S body with Beattie Intenscreen, Prism Finder, 2-120 film backs, 1 Mamiya polaroid film back, 1 NPC polaroid film back, 90mm Mamiya-Sekor f/3.8, 180mm Mamiya-Sekor f/4.5, lens hoods, Tiffen #8 & #11 filters, cable release, and bag. Price------$1,000.

I've been waiting for something like this to come along for a long time! guess patience is virtue.
    Congratulations that is a great system for a great price. Bet you are itching to try the beast out!

Happy Shooting

- Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The RB is such a great camera! I traded my mint RB-67 ProS to my best friend for his Hasselblad 500C/M and I regret it slightly. Although the Hasselblad is higher quality, I always found the RB to be more versatile due to the bellows focusing. Also, the 6x7 size versus the 6x6 is a major difference in my opinion. The only thing that was a b!tch is the rotating film back only because you can't really get an exact frame size. We also did a side by side test with the 2 cameras and there was no difference that we could tell as far as image quality.

Good luck and enjoy it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice buy and welcome to the MF club. You'll thoroughly enjoy it.

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Images
    Have fun. Bigger neg, Changeable backs. You are the slippery slope now.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I started this summer with the same set up you bought and have really enjoyed it. I did my second portrait session last night with my newly completed one light studio. I'm lucky to have family willing to pose themselves and thier kids. I shot one roll and a pack of polariod. Lots of fun.

Beware of the large format. I made the mistake of attending the free LF workshop in Zion's national park this fall and now I have one of those cameras too. I managed to find a camera and lens for just over $100, so it wasn't too shocking but my wife still shakes her head and rolls her eyes

See you around.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With a deal like the one you got, I'm gonna see if I can find a photographer with some fine equipment who's vacilating between digi and film and talk him into digital if I can (no APUGer to be sure). Just as the 'light' comes on in his eyes as he imagines himself the proud owner of a Nikon D100 or a Canon 20D or the like, I'll make him a ridiculously low offer for his entire kit (LF of course) to relieve him of the burden of ebay or want ads so he can march right down to B&H and gratify himself instantly.

Good idea there, Chuck!!
    John Voss

My Blog

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    You will have a lot of fun with that. Don't forget to show us some results.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As a newer member of the MF Club, myself, I bid you welcome!!! I've already bought a second back for my Hassy and a few filters, and a strap, and..... you get the picture!!! haha
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin