Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,607   Posts: 1,622,646   Online: 1066

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

CZJ Biometar 80/2,8 MC vs Zenzanon 150/3,5 MC - quality of bokeh

Hi everyone,

I want to know your opinions about quality of bokeh for CZJ Biometar 80/2,8 MC vs. Zenzanon 150/3,5 MC, both fitted on 6x4,5 cameras?

Thank you very much.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    For Biometar gallery :

In my opinion , there is no better lens than Zeiss at MF in the world

http://www.flickr.com/groups/pentaco...7622385499359/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/schoeba...170934/detail/
    Thank you.

I saw rating for some medium format lenses in this file (check this link http://free.art.pl/fotografie/johnst...kehRatings.pdf). Rating for Bronica Zenzanon S 150/3,5 is 9 from 10, which is outstanding, exceptional, capable of great beuty bokeh, but I dont know if lens formula for Zenzanon 150/3,5 MC (6x4,5 format lens) is same as Zenzanon S 150/3,5 (6x6 format lens). I think, that lens formulas are different.
    Last edited by transporti686; 01-23-2013 at 05:42 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: mistake in the sentence

Shooter
    Medium Format
    one picture from bronica zenzanon 150/3,5 MC

see link http://www.flickr.com/photos/karolzd...in/photostream

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    hehe i have a Seagull 203 6x6 folder that uses a HAIOU 111-2 lens
    and thats excellent, it was made by Carl Zeiss Jena ;-) So never try to
    judge a lens by its name ;-)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I dont like japanese lenses whoever reports whatever. In 25 years , I only saw few good japanese lens shots and they were taken with exceptionally beatiful women. As you see at your Zenzanon picture , lens is very weak performer , nothing special even good . Zenzanon , who gives that name to a product ? I use zeiss and leitz and I am happy.
    Picture is not mine. I own CZJ Flektogon 50/4 MC and CZJ Biometar 80/2,8 MC with Mamiya 645. I dont use Biometar at f-number range between 2,8-5,6, because I need higher DOF for landscape. Bronica ETRS with Zenzanon 150/3,5 MC is my new toy and I want to try shooting some portraits with Zenzanon or Biometar.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    150/3.5 will have shallower depth of field and different angle of view...hard to compare.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I dont like japanese lenses whoever reports whatever. In 25 years , I only saw few good japanese lens shots and they were taken with exceptionally beatiful women. As you see at your Zenzanon picture , lens is very weak performer , nothing special even good . Zenzanon , who gives that name to a product ? I use zeiss and leitz and I am happy.
    It's been a long time since I've heard such an over the top and biased assessment of a lens or lens line. I've shot both Zeiss and Bronica and I can tell you that while there are differences there is no way someone can tell from a single 800x600 scanned in picture on the internet that a lens is a "weak performer." I assume you were just being sarcastic and it didn't translate well over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by kanzlr View Post
    150/3.5 will have shallower depth of field and different angle of view...hard to compare.
    Yup. Pretty much. I read the question a couple of days ago and I didn't even understand why it was being asked.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh I think it has to do with gearheadism..."I want the lens with the best bokeh!" instead of formulating a photographic vision and aquiring the tools needed to fulfill it

1. define the mission
    2. get the tools needed

it is vital to do it in that order, if you want to get to results

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    As Kanzlr said, hard to compare. You should better compare a Kaleinar 150/2,8 to the Zenzanon lens or a Zenzanon 80/2,8 to the Biotar, otherwise it will pretty much be a 80mm vs 150mm bokeh comparison, less to the say that the 80mm are Planar-types while the 150mm lenses (I assume) are Sonnar-types.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    OK, you are right. Different lenses - hard to compare.

What do you mean about Zenzanon 150/3,5 MC and Biometar 80/2,8 MC for portrait work? I tend to Zenzanon for this work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin