Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,492   Online: 651

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello,
    if you want to buy an older Cord please notice that between the Rolleicord V and the Va the fokussing knob was changed from right to left. The Vb also has it on the left side. All models befor the Vb had a rather dark ground glas viewing screen, but it can easily be changed against a modern one cut to size from a RB 67 (maybe the fokus has to be adjusted then).

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you for the information, did not know that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have a V. I prefer having the wind on and focus on the same side. With a Rolleiflex you are constantly swapping holding the body from one hand to the either to wind on then focus.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    I have a V. I prefer having the wind on and focus on the same side. With a Rolleiflex you are constantly swapping holding the body from one hand to the either to wind on then focus.
    I second that as that was exactly the reason why I went for a V and not a Va or Vb or a Flex.

Cheers
    Ruediger
    Do or do not. There's no try. (Yoda)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've taken a backward step and have begun using an MPP Microord essentially an updated British made Rolleicord III with a better lens, a Ross Xpres, I've been using a Yashicamat 124 extensively in Turkey and a Rolleiflex here in the UK and love them both. However the Rollei is in mint condition despite being ove made in 1961/2 so I'd much rather carry a less valuable camera all the time.

My first TLP was a pre-WWII Rolleicord so it's not too starange but we do have to remember to wind on after each shot to prevent double exposures and I prefer to cock the shutter immediately before use, all good fun

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You will be happy with Cord.

- Not hard at all. Its not heavy compare to modern d****** cameras.

- Va here, focusing knob is on left-hand side. Vb has the possibility to interchange the focusing screen easily.

- Manual cocking shutter.

- Loading film is easy but I have no experience with flex.

- Film advance takes time but its fun to turn the knob.

Please get a rolleifix(kind of expensive) for tripod mount and a hood to start with...

Have fun.
    Last edited by baachitraka; 01-23-2013 at 04:47 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've had a 'cord Vb, 'flex 3.5E, 3.5E2, and 2.8E. I much prefer the ergonomics of the 'flexes, but the taking lens on the 'cord was no slouch.

As for switching hands between focusing and winding - I don't find it cumbersome whatsoever. I actually prefer focusing with my left hand (I'm right-handed).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try to collect accessories, they may cost more than the camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My philosophy is to wait to buy accessories so as to discourage and prevent GAS. Yes, accessories may cost more than the camera - all the more reason to not buy them unless you need (or really want) specific ones.

Luckily, Bay I accessories are relatively cheap. On the other hand, Rolleinars and filters for my Bay III are quite steep.

I have both Rolleinars 1 and 2, but I find that I use the 2 more than the 1. My uses do not indicate or justify a Rolleinar 3. YMMV.

Accessories you are more likely to use (assuming B&W) are the typical colored filters. I have yellow, orange, and red.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Atleast pick, Rolleifix, Hood and an Yellow filter.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin