Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,701   Posts: 1,548,417   Online: 1046

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric Trexell View Post
    I'm not positive of this, but I think Goldwater was also a ham radio operator. Ric.
    He was, during the Vietnam conflict he and other ham operators used their sets to allow for GIs to talk with their families, I think it was part of a program called MARS which is still active but no longer involved as much with providing communications with folks overseas and stateside family. No SKYPE or internet, landline calls were almost impossible to get through.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I like to listen to the "Political Junkie" radio show on NPR every Wednesday. The introduction to the show features a bunch of famous & infamous statements, like "you won't have Nixon to kick around any more," and Howard Dean's scream. Barry Goldwater's contribution is "extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice." I hear it every week and find it chilling every time.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin