Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,966   Posts: 1,523,347   Online: 1166

Thread: RB67 Pro-S back

Shooter
    Multi Format

RB67 Pro-S back

The manual of the RB67 Pro-S says that the darkslide can't be removed from the Pro-S back when unmounted from the camera.
    I have two Pro-S backs and unfortunately only one darkslide. On both backs the darkslide can be removed without problems. Could it be I have the wrong darkslide? Should there be some cutout in it or something?

Also, what is the little lever marked with an arrow underneath the wind lever? (I don't mean the multiple exposure lever.) Nothing mentioned about it in the manual. Even not numbered as other parts are.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The darkslide can be removed by pressing the small button/lever/whatever you call it on the bottom left (facing the darkslide).
    I used to know what that other lever was for, but I never used it and now I can't remember what it does.
    And the sign said, "long haired freaky people need not apply"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Does your darkslide have notches? If so, then the interlocks that keep the darkslide from coming out are dirty and cannot engage the notches in the darkslide... I had one back do this, I cleaned it with a bit of non-residue contact cleaner and some compressed air. I'm at work, so unable to give pics

If your darkslide is older and has no notches, that could also be the issue, since that feature started with the Pro-S IIRC.

Good luck!
    --We of the Field Artillery do not believe we are God; we merely borrowed his "smite" button.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The back has the small button/lever that dnjl mentions and i can press it in (with a ball point pen for example). But the slide can be removed without touching this button.
    The slide itself has no notches. His only cutout is the triangle which indicates how far you can remove the slide for firing the shutter without getting light to the film.
    Can it be my slide is from a non-S back? (It came in a Pro-S back.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, that sounds like a non-S darkslide... I got one in a Pro-S back I purchased from a gentleman locally, it's not a huge deal but you just have to remember that it won't lock when the back is removed - I marked mine with yellow paint as a reminder, and keep it as a spare just in case - KEH sells the Pro-S darkslides for pretty reasonable price when they have them in stock.
    --We of the Field Artillery do not believe we are God; we merely borrowed his "smite" button.

Shooter
    Multi Format

What lever under the wind lever?

Dear E.M. : What lever are you talking about? I looked under both the lever that cocks the shutter and the lever that winds the film and other than the multi-exposure lever, I don't see anything. Can you provide a picture? Are we talking about a Pro-s body and back for sure? Ric.

Shooter
    Multi Format

That lever - could it be this...

E.M.: I'm still not sure what lever you are talking about, but could it be that one in the middle of the back? That is for releasing the wind stop so that you can wind the whole roll through the camera should you want to. However, that doesn't have an arrow on it. So I still don't know what you are talking about. Ric.
    P.S. Can you send a picture attachment of it?

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I looked it up in the manual, and Ric is right: it's called the "film wind-stop release lever" and it does what Ric describes.
    And the sign said, "long haired freaky people need not apply"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin