Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,814   Online: 1010

Shooter
    Medium Format

Hassy 500c, film advance problem

Greetings All...
    I have a new-to-me Hasselblad 500c kit, refurbed by OEM... While running the first roll of film through it, I noticed after Frame #1 that the film mag didn't stop at 2, but rather kept going. I got the film and shutter indicators sync'ed back to white on white at frame 7 (according to the film counter). I exposed frame 7, then wound until 8 showed up in the counter window, but still no mechanical stop.

Anyone see this before? What might be causing this?

Thx!
    ~brady

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    After you load and get the film back to frame one, you are winding only at the camera, correct?
    If you take the back off the body, does it still wind continuously?
    Or, do you mean that after you wind from frame one, the camera stops, but the counter in the back stops at someplace past 2?
    Was the back serviced along with the body, or just the camera body?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Back was serviced with body. The back stopped properly at 1, but then would wind continuously, on or off body. Your first question make me remember that this thing isn't a Mamiya RB... which is what I've shot most with. It requires two actions, one for shutter, one for film back. To tell you the truth, I can't recall if I was only winding on the camera body. Ok... on to the next roll.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hasselblads are only wound on the back to set the first frame, after that all advancing is done with the crank/knob that you use to cock the shutter and reset the mirror.
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like it's working as designed, on loading you wind it with crank on the back to frame 1 where it will stop (assuming it's an "Automatic" back). If you trip the shutter then use the crank on the back it will let you wind off the rest of the roll. Once you've loaded the film, just use the camera's knob/crank, unless you want to finish off the roll early.
    You can download the camera's manual from www.hasselbladhistorical.eu

Shooter
    35mm
    Lets do this step by step
    Take A12 off of camera

Open A12, put spool and film in their proper location, loop film around, make sure it goes under the little clamp that's operated by the insert release key, thread film, turn knurled knob til the arrows line line, put into back and lock it. Crank the knob on the A12 til it stops, fold it back AND LEAVE IT ALONE

Make sure camera is cocked, put back on, remove darkslide, shoot, wind camera
    Repeat til the knob on the camera locks up (after frame 12)

UNFOLD crank on A12, crank til you feel film come off the spool and voila...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin