Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,223   Posts: 1,532,487   Online: 1062

Thread: 6x6 projector

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

6x6 projector

Is there an affordable 6x6 projector? I have never considered projecting slides before so I'm not sure which brands are good and what to look out for in a projector.

I just have a few slides and I think it would be really cool if I could see them projected on my wall. I'm not trying to project them very large or anything, i have no idea what I need but since film is dying I figured that maybe this is one of those pieces of equipment that people do not really want anymore (but I could be wrong).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Depending on your concept of "affordable", there are many in the $50-$200 range, e.g. Rolleis.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lots of slide and movie projectors for sale cheap these days. The killer is finding the bulbs for them

at a

decent price. My bulbs that were $3.00 in 1968 are now $60.00 when you can find them

Up till 2010 I shot slides 90% of the time. Nothing wows them like a projected image on a big screen.

Best regards,

/Clay

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Have a look on the older Rollei projectors. You have to put in the slides individually (no magazine or automatism) but since you only have a handful of them, this does not seem like a problem.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I love projecting MF slides. For cheap (<$200) 6x6 projectors look for Malinverno TA 507 or Bausch & Lomb Balomatic. They show up time to time in the local Craigslist or eBay.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	malinverno.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	63081

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bausch.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	63082

Shooter
    Large Format
    I bought a Kindermann for a little over $100.00. They are quite common and work great if you are on a budget.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin