Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,517   Online: 860

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks folks...

I have a 6x7 film holder for my enlarger, hence, me wanting to get the larger back for my film. So far, I haven't seen one for my RB67 on FleeBay. I may check out KEH or some other camera outfit such as B&H.
    Go to the light......

www.keepsakephotography.us

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Make sure it comes with the dark slide.

Also understand that simply because of age many, if not most backs, may need new seals. There are kits available to replace them and there are inexpensive. The job isn't real tough but it is time consuming especially the first time.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For whatever reason, KEH is constantly running low (or non-existent) on RB backs for quite a while now. As of right now, there are none left and when one shows up, it goes fairly quickly. Be quick about it if you want one.

... and oh yeah, you'll be competing with me on quickness!
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    For whatever reason, KEH is constantly running low (or non-existent) on RB backs for quite a while now. As of right now, there are none left and when one shows up, it goes fairly quickly. Be quick about it if you want one.

... and oh yeah, you'll be competing with me on quickness!
    I noticed that...

BUT, I have an inside track to sales there ... LOL
    Go to the light......

www.keepsakephotography.us

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The 6x7 backs do go quickly! A few years back there were lots around for peanuts as the pros dropped their RB67's onto the market and went digital. Now a lot of people who could never afford such a magnificant camera have them and demand has picked up again. A brief note on the backs: Pro ones, pretty old now, no interlocks so you have to be careful over double exposure. ProS, most common, usually need the foam seals replacing, it's a easy (but messy) DIY job of about an hour, materials and instructions are available on the web. ProSD have no foam seals, so that's not a job you have to do, plus have a little place to store the darkslide when it's out so you don't use it. Beware, there are a lot of 220 format ones out there as 220 format film is dwindling (120 gives ten shots per roll, 220 gives 20 shots) but as the film thickness is different since 220 doesn't have the backing paper, it's not a good idea to use 120 film in a 220 back). 220 ones are cheap and easy to find, 120 6x7 less so. happy hunting!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin