Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,476   Online: 1090

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

A12 back question

I was configuring a new bag today, and was fitting it for my Hassy.

The little crank on the magazine got flipped out and turned a little advancing the film. This has happened to me before on an A16 back, and I ended up with overlapped frames.

I of course, have to have the back loaded with chrome... but i'm less worried about wasting a frame than I am about overlapping one. Will the turning of the crank on this back result in an overlapping frame which can be avoided by burning off a frame with the lens cap on, or, will it simply increase the spacing and put the last frame either partially off the roll or farther onto the trailing end of the film?

Thanks
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks. I'm not worried about frame 12, it seems like they kept this in mind with the frame spacing and possible crank error... there's enough of a trailing edge to fit a whole extra frame.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    35mm
    Wondering how you had overlapping frames by accidentally turning the crank. Alternatively, your A16 might have advance issues

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I always fold the crank down and out of the way. Not a problem then.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rbender View Post
    I always fold the crank down and out of the way. Not a problem then.
    I did so, but the bag flipped it up, and when removing it from the bag, it spun a bit

The A16 overlapped a bit on the first roll I put through it, but since has been fine.
    www.EASmithV.com

RIP Kodachrome

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin