Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,685   Posts: 1,482,283   Online: 927

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind your question. If the wildlife you are shooting are already moving, why are you concerned with the noise your camera makes?

If your objective is stealth, then as others have suggested, you should buy a quieter camera. Maybe a rangefinder?

The Hasselblad makes a unique sound that is part of the camera's charm. Wanting to shoot a Hasselblad without hearing its sound is, well, just wrong!

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I expect it could be done but I suspect it would still make more noise than you want. The MK version did not have mirror or body shutter they came out of the space program. In space no one can hear you scream or use a Hasselblad.

Douglas Fairbank
    www.classicv.co.uk

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The noise has been scaring some animals that were standing. Fox, coyote and deer can hear very good.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm a bit deaf after repairing Hasselblads for so many years ;-)

Douglas Fairbank
    www.classicv.co.uk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cjbecker View Post
    The noise has been scaring some animals that were standing. Fox, coyote and deer can hear very good.
    By the time they react to the sound, the photograph has been taken. Buy a sound blimp.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ok this has been a flop so let's just let this thread sink to the bottom of the sea

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not at all cjbecker, buy an ELM body. It will do everything you need and more and they are available at a very reasonable price.
    I'm into painting with light - NOT painting by numbers!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Having just re-read the thread, if you already shoot with the sportsfinder which I should have noticed and omitted to mention in my post, shoot in the mirror up mode. The difference is, although the subject is unlikely to be alerted by the sound of a blade shutter, the ELM would be faster to follow the action than manual winding if it was disturbed, and yes, I would still use a blimp.
    Last edited by Allan Swindles; 02-04-2013 at 05:29 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    I'm into painting with light - NOT painting by numbers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin