Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,813   Posts: 1,581,593   Online: 865

Shooter
    Multi Format

Calling all Rolleiflex users with Rolleifixes - advice

I'm in the market for a lightweight and compact monopod for use with my 2.8E and Rolleifix. I currently have a Benro 2680t carbon fiber travel tripod with a Markins Q3T head with an RRS lever clamp (with various RRS QR plates).

But now I need advice on a lightweight and compact monopod, but more importantly, a head/clamp (the clamp should be Arca-swiss compatible). FWIW, I am 5'6" if that makes any difference.

Edit: on second thought, is a ballhead really even necessary? Maybe just a tilt-head? What do you guys use on your monopods, if any head at all?

TIA!
    Last edited by dpt2014; 01-28-2013 at 11:05 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So far I've got the Oben CTM-2500 (5 section) and CTM-2400 (4 section) pods in mind. I prefer that the folded length in the 16"-18" range. Also SIRUI P-326 may fit the bill.
    Last edited by dpt2014; 01-28-2013 at 11:52 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why does it need to be Arca compatible if you use the Rolleifix which is it self a quick release system?
    I just screw it directly on. But there is a Manfrotto tilt head that might work for you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Look up KEH.

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've used a simple tilt head on a monopod. You might get away without even that, given that you won't have to go from horizontal to vertical format with the square format. You can tilt the monopod.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I never used a head. I use an old Gitzo monopod (can't recall the designation) and put the Rolleifix right on it. No need for a head.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'd be inclined to a simple tilt head to which you can screw the Rolleifix, because using a monopod with no means of angle control means you have to apply more downward pressure on the pod to keep it steady instead of letting gravity do the work for you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kanzlr View Post
    Why does it need to be Arca compatible if you use the Rolleifix which is it self a quick release system?
    I just screw it directly on. But there is a Manfrotto tilt head that might work for you.
    I wish to connect an Arca-Swiss plate to the Rolleifix since all of my tripods currently have Arca-Swiss clamps. This just makes sense to me as I will be using the Rollei on my tripods, as well. It would also be nice to use my RB67, which already has an RRS Arca-Swiss plate, with the monopod I plan to buy. Not sure how often I will do that, but it's nice to have that option.

I am leaning toward this Manfrotto head: http://www.amazon.com/Manfrotto-234-...I2J526PMIWMJRQ
    Last edited by dpt2014; 01-29-2013 at 11:04 AM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin