Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,332   Posts: 1,537,356   Online: 1121

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just as a point of reference....

On KEH right now:
    Pro body is currently available at 99 dollars (EX)
    120 back is available at 79 dollars (EX), and $39 dollars (BGN)
    127mm lens in BGN is $53 dollars.

So for 191 dollars, you can get a set with 6 months warranty....

Your CraigList find may be a good deal. I'm just suggesting OP to not jump right in because apparently, the price of this stuff has fallen recently...
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    Just to be clear, the RB67 is not a "TLR".
    Yes. I could have been a little more clear. I've been eyeing some TLR's, BUT I've also been eyeing this system (not TLR)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    Just as a point of reference....

On KEH right now:
    Pro body is currently available at 99 dollars (EX)
    120 back is available at 79 dollars (EX), and $39 dollars (BGN)
    127mm lens in BGN is $53 dollars.

So for 191 dollars, you can get a set with 6 months warranty....

Your CraigList find may be a good deal. I'm just suggesting OP to not jump right in because apparently, the price of this stuff has fallen recently...

Thanks, thats a good point you have there. I'll check out KEH too. I've never bought from them, but I have heard good things.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One more thing - can all backs go on all bodies? All lenses too? Lets say I got a cheaper Pro body from KEH, but in a few years wanted a nicer one. Would all the backs I have still work, just without the double exposure interlock?

Also, if you were to own 1 focal length lens, what would it be? 90mm is "normal" for MF correct? I'm planning to give some portraiture a go if that influences

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I bought most of my RB-SD kit from there. I went through several backs to find one that doesn't leak light and everything works as it should.

Buying from KEH doesn't exclude you from having problems but when you do, they will exchange it or give you a refund. They actually DO follow though with this promise. Many of them are getting pretty old and some of them were heavily used. Also, older RB backs are notorious for leaks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All backs fit all bodies.

Most lenses, except for a few will fit all bodies. I think APO lens and shift lens do not fit earlier bodies like Pro and Pro-S.

There are 3 "normal" lenses. 90, 110, and 127. Take your pick....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can put a newer back on an older body - you just don't get any better interlocks than those provided with the backs that "match".

So if you have a Pro body, you can put ProS or ProSD backs on it. It won't offer double exposure prevention interlocks or exposure with dark slide still in prevention interlocks, but if you later get a ProS body, then the interlocks will function.

If you do get later backs, make sure the dark slide is of the same generation as the back.

Technically the backs come in two parts - an "insert" and a back shell. But unlike some other cameras, the back shell doesn't have much in the way of functioning mechanics - everything is in the inserts. Your back shells and inserts (and dark slides) need to be of the same generation for things to work.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here's a link to a pretty good resource on RB stuff.

http://rb67.helluin.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You guys are awesome!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Questions to ask: "Maybe I should buy an RZ67 instead?"

Seriously. Price isn't much different, the shutters are much more-accurate and reliable, and you get access to a few lenses like the 110/2.8 and 50 ULD that are not available on the RB. They're lighter to carry and you can have an A-mode metered prism.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin