Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,635   Online: 1146

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by EASmithV View Post
    Hello all,

I'm debating on selling my 60mm Distagon and Picking up an 80mm. I currently have a 60/150 kit, but I'm really more of a 50mm and 105mm guy in 35mm speak. I love the 150, but perhaps the 60mm is not my angle of view?

It seems that the 80mm is most people's one lens kit, but when i walk around with my 60mm, i'm always tempted to bring the 150 along too.

I know the 80mm renders (god forbid I use this word) bokeh, and the 60mm does so too, actually, when used under certain circumstances.

Thoughts?
    A good move.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I tend to favour a moderate wide angle as my "standard" lens (35mm for 135, 55mm for 6x4.5, 65mm for 6x7). So I wouldn't be saying goodbye to that 60mm anytime soon.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I do often find my 50 too wide and would like a 60.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like the 50mm and 80mm combination for 6x6. The 60mm is too close to the 80mm lens and it just is not worth switching to the 60mm when I can just step back and get the same thing.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin