Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,820   Posts: 1,581,648   Online: 857

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Images
    [QUOTE=David A. Goldfarb]If you could tape the ends and go back to back you could get four rolls on a 220 reel. QUOTE].

As Molly Hatchet's "Flirtin' With Disaster" plays in the background.
    "If You Push Something Hard Enough, It Will fall over" - Fudd's First Law of Opposition

Images
    Good Afternoon, Thomas,

In regard to the sync lever moving: I used to tape mine into position, but a couple of years ago, I saw a veteran wedding photographer with a 124G who simply stretched a short rubber band around the sync lever and down to the self-timer lever. It was one of those "Duh!" moments. I have no idea how many years it would have taken me to think of such an obvious solution.

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Wagner
    Realize that I can load 120, but don't want to use that much chemistry to develop 1 roll.
    Tom
    Thomas, I kon't know what kind of reels you are using, but the width of a reel is the same no matter how much film you load on it. When you put it in the tank you have to use enough chems to cover the reel. Maybe I'm missing something here?

The EM, LM, Yashicamat (no suffix #), and Yashicamat 12 will take only 120 film. 124 and 124G will take both.
    [COLOR=Sienna][FONT=Arial]Some days are diamonds. Some days a tree crashes through your roof.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Konical
    I saw a veteran wedding photographer with a 124G who simply stretched a short rubber band around the sync lever and down to the self-timer lever. It was one of those "Duh!" moments. I have no idea how many years it would have taken me to think of such an obvious solution.
    ..until part of the rubber band twisted up over the shooting lens and he didn't know until the negs came back with an unexposed stripe across the corner, heh

Based on a suggestion here on APUG I recently started putting two 120 rolls onto a Patterson reel -- so far great, no problems. I put the first roll on and cinch it ALL THE WAY to the center before putting on the second roll.

Had my YashicaMat 124G since high school. Never got rid of it but I think I really only learned to appreciate it in recent months. Some people have reported it binding with 220 rolls, but this has never happened to me.

Only Kodak (still?) makes 220 B&W film these days, BTW. Surprisingly, shooting two 120 rolls of Neopan 400 (or even Bergger BRF-200) is cheaper than a roll of TXP 220.

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The MAT124 and the MAT124G can use both 120 and 220 film. The pressure plate is simply moved to one position or the other. The MAT, MAT-EM, MAT-EL and 12 use 120 film only. The 24 or MAT24 uses 220 film only.
    On mine, I never used tape or rubberbands. I just put the sync switch in the X position and left it there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin