Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,803   Online: 833

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

RB67 Wide angle Lens

Hello everyone,

I am in the market for a 50/4.5 C lens for my RB67 and I'm wondering if anyone has thoughts on what kind of price range I will be looking at. They seem to be $280-350 on ebay, b and h etc., and that is definitely at the upper limit of what I am able to afford right now. Is this a good price or should I be able to find one for cheaper?

thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have one. It's great! Check out KEH.

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Keep an eye on KEH. I don't see any there now, but I'm sure you'll find one soon enough. Plus they have a really good return policy which is much safer than flea-bay only dropped once deals.

Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's about the going rate. Last time I saw one, 50mm in EX+ or something like that was $375, I think. Price wise, you can do a lot better if you can settle with 65mm. I bought a K/L version but C version is quite a bit less.

I buy used stuff from KEH, Adorama, and B&H. They are all equally good when it comes to accepting returns for whatever reason. I received duds and excellent stuff from all 3, so I keep watch on all 3.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    okay thanks guys. I sure wish I didn't live in Canada when it come to KEH. Last time it took a week of emailing before finally a supervisor agreed to charge $15 shipping instead of the quoted $45-50 (actual shipping was $7 or so)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just keep watching, I picked one up on eBay late last year for $130 plus $50 shipping from a US seller. There are still the odd bargines out there.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You should watch for a good deal on a kit. People lose money by selling bundles instead of separates.A few months back I got a Pro kit w/ 50mm and 180mm lenses, 3 backs, and standard viewfinder for $350 on ebay.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I got my Pro-SD with 90mm K/L, two 120 backs, polaroid back, hand grip, spare bellows, lens hoods, WLF, and some filters for $300. I've since added a 180mm K/L and chimney finder, so only need the 50mm and I'm ready for anything. Just got one on ebay for a decent price so fingers crossed it is in good shape.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You're in for a good piece of glass. Doesn't get much better for macro work either.
    Nicholai Nissen
    Kolding, Denmark
    nicholainissen@gmail.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    well the lens arrived and there is a bit of dust inside the elements (not enough to affect anything) but in all other aspects it is virtually mint. And I got it for a little under $200 if anyone is wondering about a price to look for. (also I continue to be blown away by how good shipping from Japan is - I think it took 3.5 days to get to me on the east coast of Canada). Anyway I look forward to trying it - I don't do much macro photography but I notice it focuses incredibly close - does anyone know what the image magnification is for close-ups?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin