Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,820   Online: 974

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Pocket Wizard Flex TT5 with 503 CW

Can I use Pocket Wizard Flex TT5 with 503 CW for remote flash? I remember I can do it with Plus II. How do I setup with Flex TT5?

Shooter
    Medium Format

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    you just stick it on and use the camera... they say those models are only for canon and nikon but I use them on everything... Mamiya RZ67, Mamiya 7, Canon AE-1, Minolta... etc... I haven't had to change anything...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You can use them for manual sync, but not TTL with your 503 CW. This is especially true if you connect your Pocket Wizards to your computer via the USB port, and using the utility software, set up one of the channels as strictly manual, so the unit will not transmit or receive TTL information.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jeff.blackwell View Post
    You can use them for manual sync, but not TTL with your 503 CW. This is especially true if you connect your Pocket Wizards to your computer via the USB port, and using the utility software, set up one of the channels as strictly manual, so the unit will not transmit or receive TTL information.
    Oh sorry, I NEVER use TTL I always have a separate meter... So my apologies, but if you are using studio strobes then the TTL isn't really used anyway? Only if you pair the thing with canon speed lights. Or am I still missing something?

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    This is how I have mine setup - channel 1 for TTL control with speedlites and Canon SLR, and channel 2 as basic sync to use with everything 'not Canon' as well as older pocket wizards. It works splendidly...

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by munz6869 View Post
    This is how I have mine setup - channel 1 for TTL control with speedlites and Canon SLR, and channel 2 as basic sync to use with everything 'not Canon' as well as older pocket wizards. It works splendidly...

Marc!
    I should try that but I don't even understand half the functions lol

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by munz6869 View Post

Marc!
    This is how I do it as well. One of the C-modes must be set to "Basic trigger".

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Stone- depends on the camera and strobes. Some Hasselblads were capable of TTL/OTF flash metering with dedicated strobes like the Hasselblad flash, various Metz flashes, and some Broncolor power packs could be operated TTL. I doubt though that the PocketWizards were ever made to connect those two systems as it would have been a pretty esoteric bit of kit with very low sales volume.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Yea I get that, as I said I never use TTL metering with my pocket wizards, since I use them with my Profoto packs and set it all manually and meter with my Sekonic meter.

I honesty don't know how to use TTL properly, I don't like how unpredictable it is, it's unpredictable because I don't know how it works lol.

I used to use it at weddings with my on camera speedlight flash, but even that I stopped using as it was unpredictable and now set it all manually.

~Stone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin