Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,092   Online: 904

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

rb67 pro SD with C lens

I just bought a 50mm C lens for my RB67 Pro SD. It hasn't arrived yet but I'm wondering about the compatibility issue. My other two lenses are K/L lenses so there have been no problems, but apparently there is some kind of adapter ring needed for the C lens? Does anyone have more info about this? Is the adapter ring crucial? Where can I find one?

Thanks!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Someone who knows better can chime in and correct this if I'm wrong, but I think the only time you need an adapter is if you're trying to use the KL/L lenses on ProS/ProSD bodies? (the KL/L won't work on Pro bodies period). The C lenses should work just fine on the Pro SD.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    A mounting ring is recommended to put C lenses on the SD. The K/L lenses come ready to fit on the SD, the mounting/adapter ring gets removed for older bodies.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format

RE: rb67 pro SD with C lens

You should be able to move the ring from a kl lens to the C lens. I did this until I could get a ring to leave on my 65mm C lens. Think I got mine from Adorama.
    Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express
    My flickr stream

Shooter
    Medium Format
    okay thanks - so I can just switch it out with another lens until I find one, which will be a bit of a pain but not so bad I guess.

Is this what I want?:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...pter_Ring.html

that seems kind of pricey. Should I looks elsewhere?

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi

I recently bought a rb67 and 90mm k/l lens (separately) and didnt seem to notice the mounting ring or lack of it - is there any way to locate the mounting ring or adapter?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The ring is recommended because the throat of the Pro SD body is larger than the older bodies. This is to permit use of the 75mm shift lens.

The mount is the same and no light will leak in - but there is a gap where dirt and moisture might.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, that is the right ring.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Check the link to the adapter that mwilkins posted, then compare that to photos of K/L lenses on the big auction site. You can see the ring.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No one has said this yet, so I will.

When Mamiya was actively selling RB stuff, it had a FAQ section on web page. It basically said what the ring was there for but it also said it isn't necessary for a proper operation of the lens that no light leak will result for not using it. I used to think, then, why the heck the ring costs over 30 dollars??

You might just want to call KEH and see if they got one for less...

By the way, the ring isn't like a gasket. It does not make a tight seal or anything.....
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin