Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,273   Posts: 1,534,580   Online: 1042

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by henry finley View Post
    No, that's just bad film, bad developing, or other film related. I thought you were talking about something resembling halation. We were mis-communicating. Your camera is probably fine and just needs a lens disassembly and cleaning.
    I thought about that but it never happened with other cameras (all 35mm) so I thought they could be internal reflections in the lens. Anyway, everything is possible and, even if developing/printing by myself from at least 6-7 year, I don't consider myself as an expert. I'll check my development process for possible problems and errors.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by aferrarini View Post
    What I meant with "ghosts" is that in photographs with bright sky some (almost) round darker spots appear in the sky portion of the photo.

Do you mean round darker spots ON FILM or on PRINT? I ask because it sounds like you may be talking about lens flare but that will appaer as brighter spots on print and darker spots on film.

Another creative possibility is, you may have a very strange light leak which casts a shadow on film.

Can you possibly post an image of film or print, so we can see what you are talking about? I had a Rolleicord V for about a year but did not experience such problems. I doubt very much you have a lens flare either....
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow, if ever a thread should have been halted until the meaning of the OP was clear.

It is still a jumble because of the uncertainty of the spots being on the film or the print, but the lens is an unlikely culprit and always has been. If it is so bad that black spots appear anywhere, print or negative, the fault would be easily visible on or in the lens. Try it, you can stick all sorts of things on a lens and apart from mild degradation you'd need to nearly cover it in dust and dirt for any major differences to be shown prominently on the print/neg. Something else is happening, and while the description of 'spot in the sky' may still be unclear, a light leak is possible. So the OP should check the tripod socket and make sure that an over long tripod screw hasn't popped the base of the socket and light is leaking in and 'burning' through the backing paper, so fogging the negative.

Steve
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve_barnett/

book
    wood, water, rock,
    landscape photographs in and around the Peak District National Park, UK.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    Do you mean round darker spots ON FILM or on PRINT? I ask because it sounds like you may be talking about lens flare but that will appaer as brighter spots on print and darker spots on film.

Another creative possibility is, you may have a very strange light leak which casts a shadow on film.

Can you possibly post an image of film or print, so we can see what you are talking about? I had a Rolleicord V for about a year but did not experience such problems. I doubt very much you have a lens flare either....
    It's clear my explanation was a bit confusing... Spots are on film and appear as brighter spots on film and darker spots on print. Today evening I'll post a scan from a contact sheet to clarify it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by henry finley View Post
    I thouht the VB was where they got rid of that annoying EV combination locked lever. I could be wrong.
    You are. The Vb still had that most useful device.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I want to see some examples.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cjbecker View Post
    I want to see some examples.
    Unfortunatly I should have thrown away all the corresponding prints. I only found a small contact print but I recognize it's a very bad example. Also the scanning is of very bad quality . Here the spots look like dirty but on real prints and film they look much more regular. However, as already suggested it might be something wrong with the development process.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spots2.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	108.8 KB 
ID:	63647

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    If the dots appear always at the same place and with same pattern , it is lens.
    Otherwise it is film or development.
    Do you see the same at every frame ?
    Try to shoot 12 frame to sky and develop it . Did you see the problem at single roll or many rolls.
    Everyone is burning his nerves to help you. Write everything and every detail plus your film , expiry date and developer etc .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Those spots look like drying marks to me.

The sky is VERY bright meaning the film has gone almost all the way to fully exposed. The spots are appearing even darker meaning if they were optically produced, the sources were very bright. Lens flare won't leave that kind of pattern and neither does light leaks. I'm thinking drying marks which should be visible if you look at the film carefully.

Are you able to view the film under a microscope or at least a good magnifier and see what it looks like?
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    If the dots appear always at the same place and with same pattern , it is lens.
    Otherwise it is film or development.
    Do you see the same at every frame ?
    Try to shoot 12 frame to sky and develop it . Did you see the problem at single roll or many rolls.
    Everyone is burning his nerves to help you. Write everything and every detail plus your film , expiry date and developer etc .
    No, the place and pattern does not appear always at the same place and is not present at every frame but only on some with very bright sky. This last detail made me think about internale reflections of the lens. I experienced, to some degree, the same problem both with fomapan 200 creative and efke 100 R film. Both films are quite "fresh" as they will expire in 2-3 years. In both cases I used rodinal developer. 1+50 for fomapan and 1+25 for efke.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin