Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,332   Posts: 1,537,389   Online: 1086

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by aferrarini View Post
    Hi rolleiman. As suggested by another poster I did the test against a light bulb and while no fungi or haze are present, some dust is present on the internal elements. Contrast seems to be quite fine anyway. Don't know about coating but, if present, it should be very "light". I'm used to more "modern" lenses from nikkor and the coloration given by the coating is very evident... so, I don't know about this lens, but I cannot recognize any color on the taking lens.

I also use nikons. My Rollei is the "T" model with a Tessar lens, in terms of coating probably similar to your Xenar.
    I find it quite a bit "cooler" (i.e. bluer) than my Nikon lenses when using transparancy film. An 81B is usually needed to add warmth to colour tranny film shot in the Rollei.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rolleiman View Post
    I also use nikons. My Rollei is the "T" model with a Tessar lens, in terms of coating probably similar to your Xenar.
    I find it quite a bit "cooler" (i.e. bluer) than my Nikon lenses when using transparancy film. An 81B is usually needed to add warmth to colour tranny film shot in the Rollei.
    I cannot comment on this. It's at least 4 year I shoot my last colour film. For color work I usually use a D200 digital. Anyway 95% of my shots are B&W on film. My comment was more on the color of the coating.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin