Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,272   Posts: 1,534,535   Online: 1011
      
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: Hblad questions

  1. #31

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ajman - U.A.E.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    951
    I want to buy Hasselblad 500CM chrome body with WLF only, i don't want the back and the lens, i have 501CM but i want a backup and i bought a chrome back and it is not so great look with my black body of 501CM.

    I am not so happy with my film Hasselblad because of focusing screen, my digi Hassy is way better and different, but i love the handle of my Hassy 501CM over all other bodies of film cameras even rangefinder and Holga and LF.

  2. #32
    Slixtiesix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    718
    Images
    21
    To all those here who eschew the electronic Rolleis: This spot proves that they are in fact very seductive ;-)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KifjdV1h6X8

  3. #33
    vpwphoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,107
    Blog Entries
    3
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Slixtiesix View Post
    To all those here who eschew the electronic Rolleis: This spot proves that they are in fact very seductive ;-)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KifjdV1h6X8
    What sold me on the 500cm system in 1995 (here in the USA) was when I went to check out the "electric Rollei" system, the dealer didn't even have a battery charged to demonstrate it for me. He talked about it, but I couldn't put it through it's paces. I went to another dealer and bought the uber-reliable 500 and 3 lenses. I also did contemplate the (less expensive) RZ system. It was too big for my needs and didn't feel as robust as the metal 500. Some 20 years onward, just one failed lens shutter (last year- the 80mm) and a couple clean and lubes.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo.
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    818
    Quote Originally Posted by vpwphoto View Post
    What sold me on the 500cm system in 1995 (here in the USA) was when I went to check out the "electric Rollei" system, the dealer didn't even have a battery charged to demonstrate it for me. He talked about it, but I couldn't put it through it's paces.

    Your story reminds me of the 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner with the 383 motor I found on a used car lot. The salesman told me that I couldn't test drive it due to their being no gas in the tank.

    I still wonder if my being 18 years old at the time had something to do with it?

  5. #35
    vpwphoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,107
    Blog Entries
    3
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    Your story reminds me of the 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner with the 383 motor I found on a used car lot. The salesman told me that I couldn't test drive it due to their being no gas in the tank.

    I still wonder if my being 18 years old at the time had something to do with it?
    Except I was in my later 20's and had $5500 to spend.

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo.
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    818
    I had the $900.00 that they were asking for the Roadrunner too.

    Sometimes salesmen really shoot themselves in the foot.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    189
    Whoa a lot of information and it is a little difficult for me to digest and I was a little put off because a lot of it is irrelavant.

    I am simply asking questions to understand the camera. Most of this thread seems to be centralized about me wanting to shoot 645: I was simply asking. A 645 back exists and doesn't rotate. Cool.

    I am somewhat aware of the Rolleiflex SLRs and in what it offers. I do think that they are the better camera, in some ways, but I'm not looking for something innovative or cutting edge, but a reliable, easy-to-find, and not-too-large box camera, that does simple things.

    But the main reason why I'm discouraged about the Rolleflex SLR is it's availability.

    On keh.com,
    I go to the Hasselblad section and this is what they have: 44 bodies, 82 lenses, and 20 backs.
    I go to the Rolleiflex section and this is what they have: 0 bodies, 3 lenses, and 1 back (polaroid).

    If a Hasselblad works, then I see no reason to go for a rolleiflex unless it had something that the hasselblad didn't have that I wanted. I know it has some (limited) movements, bellows, and now I know that it has rotatable backs but I do not need these. I would appreciate them but it just isn't necessary.

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    London
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    322
    One thing to also consider is the EL series Hasselblads. I moved from a 501CM to a 500ELX, I love the motor drive and the extra size actually makes it more comfortable to hold so the weight doesn't show. I do use it mostly with a 90 prism though...
    Hasselblad, Mamiya RB, Nikonos, Canon EOS

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by puketronic View Post
    On keh.com,
    I go to the Hasselblad section and this is what they have: 44 bodies, 82 lenses, and 20 backs.
    I go to the Rolleiflex section and this is what they have: 0 bodies, 3 lenses, and 1 back (polaroid).
    We were discussing this in another thread. keh's inventory across several lines is down in the last 2-3 months. I don't think we came to a consensus as to why. I personally have never seen it this low, but I haven't been watching it for that long. In my head I actually had a shopping list made out and I watched pretty much all those items sell out recently. I don't know what the deal is with KEH and Hasselblad. I know that I was getting better deals on Rollei 6008i bodies and lenses on an auction site. And I got the normally expensive 645 rotating back for basically the same price as a regular 120 6x6 back in an auction. But for various accessories and parts KEH was the clear winner. I don't know if those prices were an aberration or what. Hopefully they will get more inventory in. But they will never have as much Rollei SLR stuff as Hassy... not even close.

    Quote Originally Posted by puketronic View Post
    I am somewhat aware of the Rolleiflex SLRs and in what it offers. I do think that they are the better camera, in some ways, but I'm not looking for something innovative or cutting edge, but a reliable, easy-to-find, and not-too-large box camera, that does simple things.
    As far as I know the Rollei 6008is and later models are pretty reliable. I haven't read any reports of anyone switching away from the system due to reliability issues.

    I would figure out what you really need now and possibly in the future. The only reason I went on about the 645 thing is I traded up from a 645 camera. Unlike you I don't necessarily have a problem cropping. My issue was mainly the wastefulness. At these film prices I saw no reason to shoot 12 square frames and then crop most of them. If you aren't shooting that much 645 I would have to echo the sentiments of other posters and just say crop. By the way when you say you print "full frame" do you mean you include the rebate? I can see why there would be an issue if that is the case. I like rebates as well sometimes. Sometimes though you can't have it all.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin