Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,776   Posts: 1,516,703   Online: 1219

Shooter
    Multi Format

Replacing RB67 Bellows - how to?

I managed to puncture the bellows in my RB67 today. Picked it up without realizing the bellows was not fully retracted and puncture it with my finger. Doh! Oh well, it was showing heavy signs of use and cracking, anyway.

I've found a replacement on eBay and it's $75. I've read about cheaper ones, but can't find any. I'm in no rush so I will keep searching for a cheaper solution. Any suggestions?

But I've searched here and Google and cannot find a DIY guide to replace the bellows. Can anyway point me to a DIY or explain in detail how to do it? I've read it's rather simple to do, but no one ever actually says how it's done (not that I've seen, anyway).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I was just wondering about this myself (though my bellows seems fine, I'm re-foaming this week and will be using the RB for a big personal project soon). The guy who sells bellows on eBay says he sends instructions upon purchase; you might see if he'll send it to you, tell him you need to see if you can do it before you buy.

You might also try John Goodman - he sells foam repair kits for the RB and his instructions are amazingly detailed. Very nice guy and he may know how to do it. JGood21967(at)aol(dot)com

The photos I've seen of the bellows show a plate with screw holes; I just set my shutter to T and flipped the mirror up - I can't see anything inside the body that seems right - mystified a bit myself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi M Carter, thanks for your response. The auction I am watching does not mention sending instructions - would you mind linking me to the auction with instructions offered?

I know about John Goodman's light seal kits, but I didn't think to ask about bellows replacements. Worth a shot, thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't have a direct answer to your question but I did find an RB Pro-S repair manual and parts list.

They may be of some help to you. There are no instructions in these manuals on how to replace bellows, however.

Look here:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum147/...ml#post1459596
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Buy a junker ugly body off KEH for $20 n take the bellows off that instead of paying so much for it. Also you may even find a working body on KEH for $50.. still cheaper than flea bay.

now a question.. why not patch the bellows you have on there?

E-mail me I can tell you exactly how to remove n replace the bellows.

Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ron View Post
    E-mail me I can tell you exactly how to remove n replace the bellows.

Why not post it here? It will be googled for years to come and you will go down in web-history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm already in web history and so many times I've posted how tos no one ever reads. Even though I've posted so many how tos I still get e-mails asking the same questions anyway...

I'll post it here as well later. It;s really easy to do.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Paul!!! I read everything you post about RB67 cameras. Everything. In fact, i send people here who have problems with their RB67 to get in contact with you.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the plug F-major.
    sorry I took so long, had a few family things to take care of.

To change the bellows..
    fire the camera so the mirror is up
    extend the front standard all the way out
    now with the camera looking up at you (sit it on a foam pad)
    there are 4 screws, one at each corner, on the body side of the bellows take em all out
    To get the 7 other screws on the lens mount side you have to go from inside so now you cna turn the camera over so you are looking through the back.

Using a long #000 crosspoint, undo all 7 tiny screws.. you may have to lift the bellows up to see each side as you unscrew.

Once the screws are all out; all that holds it in now is rotted foam.

Gentle push n a lift her here n there n it is out!

putting in the new bellows is jsut the reverse but first replace all the rotted foam with new.. it is the very thin foam.

hope this was helpful.
    paul

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin