Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,332   Online: 1031

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just to make sure you do know, you can get a non-AE prism. It's lighter and cheaper than the AE version. That's the route I took.
    --
    Kenton Brede
    http://kentonbrede.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format

RE: rb67 height problem

+1 on upside down.
    Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express
    My flickr stream

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nyoung View Post
    For eye level at least my tripod heads let me flip the camera side ways (90 degrees) and look in the view finder from the side. Rotate the back to get which ever framing you want.
    This is correct, but it definitely requires a very robust tripod and head.

My solution?

A camera case you can stand on, or a mirror in the waist level finder.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I use a prism finder for this, but the drawback is that Mamiya 6x7 finders are *heavy* and I hate carrying one if at all possible. Overhead/upside-down definitely works in a pinch and gets you heaps of elevation, but I find that it's super-hard to get the framing straight with a WLF and neck craned upwards.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

rb67 height problem

But a Mamiya 7? Hahaha

Hey no viewfinder purchase needed hehe...

I've don't that with the side thing where you turn it sideways, never upside down, not even sure how to do that...

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nwilkins View Post
    Has anyone come up with an ingenious way of getting enough elevation to look down into an RB67 if you need the lens at eye level or above? When outdoors it's not always possible to find something to stand on. Any lightweight/collapsible solutions? I realize that a prism finder would help but I'm hoping I can stick with what I have (ie the chimney finder).
    you can turn the camera upside down or sideways n adjust the rotating back to what ever format you like. I've used this method many times in the field.. nothing so hard about it.

Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Once I got my prism finder, I never went back. Never did like the reverse aiming issue anyway with the WLF. Of course, you can switch for those low shots.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    okay thanks everyone - I will try the upside down and sideways methods. I do have reservations about being able to frame easily when doing this hand held, but I'll see how it goes. Should be able to rig it with the tripod too I guess.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you want to be higher: try pot or hashish or http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...&storeId=10051
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format

A ladr-pod?

I have often wondered why some one does not make a combination ladder/tripod for times like this. I'll call it a ladr-pod. It would be a regular aluminum ladder with a tripod head mounted on it. I suppose it would not be too hard to convert a ladder to do this. Then you would not have to carry a tripod, but just a ladder. Maybe that is like saying, you wouldn't have to carry two pounds, just 10. Perhaps wheels could be mounted on it so you could just pull it. The ladder would also have to be adjustable so that it would work on a slope. I know, you are probably all saying, why not just borrow the ladder truck from the local fire department and have them raise it up to the 40 foot level for you?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin