Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,467   Posts: 1,570,730   Online: 1083

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    upside down

Shooter
    Medium Format
    haha yes a ladder pod. I suppose someone could design a tripod with a very sturdy strut between two of the legs for this purpose? Another idea would be a camera backpack with a very tough (but lightweight) skeleton so I could stand on it.

Escaped Bakersfield, CA. Now in Indianapolis.
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    Flip the RB upside down? (I'm not kidding)
    No. You're not. I've done this as well. Sometimes it's not feasible to shoot with the finder at waist-level. It's not the best, but it works and that's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by nwilkins View Post
    a camera backpack with a very tough (but lightweight) skeleton so I could stand on it.
    I'm not going to lie. I want that REALLY bad.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric Trexell View Post
    I have often wondered why some one does not make a combination ladder/tripod for times like this. I'll call it a ladr-pod. It would be a regular aluminum ladder with a tripod head mounted on it. I suppose it would not be too hard to convert a ladder to do this. Then you would not have to carry a tripod, but just a ladder. Maybe that is like saying, you wouldn't have to carry two pounds, just 10. Perhaps wheels could be mounted on it so you could just pull it. The ladder would also have to be adjustable so that it would work on a slope. I know, you are probably all saying, why not just borrow the ladder truck from the local fire department and have them raise it up to the 40 foot level for you?
    It's called a Ladder with Manfrotto Super Clamp. And you mount your favourite ballhead to the clamp's socket.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've seen a Japanese photographer who carried around two massive DSLRs and a stepladder. He'd take crowd shots on that ladder of his, didn't care for all the funny looks it earned him.

By the way, the PD Prism finder is excellent. I prefer the WLF too, but the prism finder is not a compromise.
    And the sign said, "long haired freaky people need not apply"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I carry my RB stuff in a metal tool box.. standing on it would be no problem.. it's very strong n can take the weight, but I have never had to do that witm the upside down n sideways method.

Prisms are nice, and I do use mine alot, and it is nice for curing the flip m reverse viewing. It also gives you a bit of height as well but the trade off is the weight n off balance, making the camera top heavy.

Prisms are fairly cheap from KEH.. maybe $40 Bgn.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    well just fiddling around with the camera the upside down thing seems like it's going to take some practice, but does add a fair bit of height. For eye level stuff flipping the camera over sideways on the tripod seems to keep the lens at close the same height, so I guess that will work.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nwilkins View Post
    well just fiddling around with the camera the upside down thing seems like it's going to take some practice, but does add a fair bit of height. For eye level stuff flipping the camera over sideways on the tripod seems to keep the lens at close the same height, so I guess that will work.
    Just be mindful of the back orientation when using it sideways..... landscape is now portrait n vis versa.

Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    yes thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin