Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,106   Online: 1018

Shooter
    Multi Format

Rolleicord III Advance Knob Issue

Hi guys, I picked up my first TLR off Ebay last week and I bought a Rolleicord III with a known issue with the film advance knob.
    It's not a deal-breaker, but it's slightly annoying.

Film loads fine and the advance is "grindy" (i.e. feels like metal on metal) but not an issue. The issue comes on certain frames when you have to depress the center button the advance knob multiple times. You press it, turn a little bit, press it again, turns a bit more, and repeat a few times before it returns to normal and lets me advance to the next frame. The worst of it happens at frame 7 or so.

Anybody knows what is going on? As I said, it's not a deal-breaker for the price I paid, but if it's an easy fix, I'd love to know.

Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mine has begun doing that; no "grindy" advance, but the exact same multiple-press behavior on the advance knob around frame 7. It's been that way for some time and doesn't seem to be getting any worse or causing any other problems; after taking one look at a Rollei service manual I decided that any repair at all was way above my pay grade, and I need to get it in to a professional. It's way overdue for a CLA anyway.

If you get yours looked at before I do---which is pretty likely given my usual level of organization---I'll be interested to know what they find.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin