Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,720   Online: 882

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gorbas View Post
    Hi Stone, I just tried it and it doesn't work. When you load Hasselblad 70mm back you have to wind from 0 until 1 and then you are able to release shutter and wind film again. Well, 4 frames, not bad for reel leader.
    Oh sad.... as I recall my Mamiya RZ67 has an M mode which is fully manual, you can double expose, expose in between rolls (as in half cock the advance) etc. So I THINK I can do that with mine... I'll have to try it since I think the next roll I'm running through will be Tech Pan

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Well Stone, With Tech Pan, it's almost like running real leaf of gold thru your camera. You have to fill report card and tax return for every single frame of it. Hasselblad 70mm magazine is very, very similar to A12, just bigger. And with Hasselblad there is not easy double exposure unless you take magazine off and then wind the film and cock the shutter. On RZ, do you wind film with lever on magazine or with RZ crank on the body?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    So Stone, was it you left holding that massive stash of Tech Pan that got sold here a few times?

RZ has a lever on the side to disable double-exposure prevention. Move the lever to M and it'll let you fire anytime. Using RB backs (including the 70mm; they didn't make an RZ 70mm back) requires use of the M lever to fire because the RB/RZ adapter plate doesn't handle the interlocks correctly.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Thank you Polyglot! I have used RB quite a lot but RZ just few times. Liked very much that huge winding lever on the side of both cameras.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

homemade 70mm loader

Thank you Polyglot! I have used RB quite a lot but RZ just few times. Liked very much that huge winding lever on the side of both cameras.
    What Polyglot said.

You're right it's like gold, I didn't get it from here (though discovered the person is a member on here) I met them on Instagram which is a phone app that is silly but photographers I've met there seem nice, it's a photo "feed" so it's not a community just a "follow me" system like twitter.

Anyway it was the best trade I've ever made. I had a 70mm Hassleblad back that I thought I would get a hassy someday, but it's just too expensive so I traded one 70mm back for FOUR 15 foot rolls of tech pan! (They might be 20 feet I think the base is thinner so the reels hold more but can't be sure till I run them through). Really nice guy, we plan to get together if he visits NY this year. He sent me a "surprise" which was two rolls of 120 Ilford SFX and two rolls of Kodak Ektachrome G100 just to be nice!

Like I said nice guy, and he's a marine or Air Force or something Military guy so he serves the country which just adds to his awesomeness, not to mention he is the only military guy still in service who shoots LF so they commission him for special military shoots of soldiers on LF! Pretty cool.

Anyway it was a good day when that came in the mail...

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Good news I just had to share!

Im not bragging I'm just excited, I just got a 70mm bulk loader on eBay yay! It was a buy it now price of $140, not cheap but certainly one of the lowest prices I've seen.

actually didn't have the money and fortune would have I was visiting my father and he's heard me talk endlessly about 70mm and he said he would buy it as a gift for me. Great Dad! Now I have to make a print for him from a shot I get from the 70mm spooled from the bulk loader.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Lucky you Stone! Good luck with it! Enjoy!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

homemade 70mm loader

Lucky you Stone! Good luck with it! Enjoy!
    I've actually never seen a bulk loader, but I'm wondering, can I also bulk load 116 or 616 spools? Given no backing paper? Theoretically that is... I haven't gotten mine in the mail yet so I still have yet to see it.

It seems easier than I imagined, I'm thinking seriously now about bulk loading 35mm canisters... hmmm...

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    No, Stone, I'm afraid you have to do 116 spools manually, by hand. I started bulk loading 35mm some 35 years ago and it's easy, as long as you have all supplies and darkroom or the bag.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

homemade 70mm loader

No, Stone, I'm afraid you have to do 116 spools manually, by hand. I started bulk loading 35mm some 35 years ago and it's easy, as long as you have all supplies and darkroom or the bag.
    I have a bag, and 100' spools are fairly cheap, the cans, I've heard bad things of some brands. The cheapest I've seen are .89¢ per canister, are they re-usable like the 70mm ones?

~Stone

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin