Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,545,002   Online: 704

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Well, Stone, With your latest purchases of 70mm bulk loader and those two processing tanks you are The King of 70mm! Congratulation! Comparing those 2 tanks, you will save on some chemistry too! What is capacity of your new reel?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

homemade 70mm loader

Quote Originally Posted by gorbas View Post
    Well, Stone, With your latest purchases of 70mm bulk loader and those two processing tanks you are The King of 70mm! Congratulation! Comparing those 2 tanks, you will save on some chemistry too! What is capacity of your new reel?
    Actually it's only slight, and really I just use the 2 L photographers formulary bottle so it's not any different, technically probably I could use 1.8L instead but I like simple math so 2L is easier to measure.

The large tank I was still able to cover the spiral, just barely. Had to be sure it was always level. Now I have a little play at least.

Once I confirm the Nikor is leak proof and easier to load, I'll sell the larger home made tank.

It will be a month before I get through a 65 shot roll...

Wish me luck!

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    We all need that luck! :-))
    So, capacity of your reel is 65 -6x7 shoots? Reel I'm using takes 100" or 40-45 - 6x6. Just right amount for few hours of shooting.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

homemade 70mm loader

Quote Originally Posted by gorbas View Post
    We all need that luck! :-))
    So, capacity of your reel is 65 -6x7 shoots? Reel I'm using takes 100" or 40-45 - 6x6. Just right amount for few hours of shooting.
    Well the reel takes 5 meters, but the canister takes 3.6-5.2 meters depending on the base of the film.

So I just load till its full, I have specific 15 feet "bulk rolls" that I have to re-roll as they don't fit in the cans (must go to another kind of 70mm back) but there's always a little extra than 15 feet (4.6m) so I just shoot it all, most I've gotten was 64 shots.

Once the film came out of the spiral and wrapped around once more, but the emulsion faces inward so it didn't scratch the film and developed just fine. I wonder if the new spool takes less than 5 meters, I think it's the same just that the space between is tighter... We will find out soon.

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

Alden 70mm bulkfilm loader-removing filmcounter

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Thanks Matt,

The 70mm is an Alden, so when I get it I'll see if I like that system.

I should just wait to see... Lol
    I

~Stone

I would remove the film-counter. It could scratch the film. close the hole with black tape. One can calculate filmlenghts by counting turns. depends on thickness too.
    Be aware not to drop. Queens City Plastics-maybe out of production-had to replace my top. I was impossible to get that item from the shops. So the producer helped.
    www.3dreal.tk
    www.stereopan.org
    under reconstruction
    3dstereomedia
    aeropanorama
    marspanoramas

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by europanorama View Post
    I am a panoramic-rotating panoramic camera-photographer.
    In my roundshot 65/70/220 i can use 120/220 and 70mm film(perforated or unperforated).
    I have both the special 2517(172cm lenght 70mm) reel by jobo and a ro-kit 5037(3075 reel and 3035 drum. 2517 reel can be used together with testdrum 2520(500ml).

Problem is one needs the rotating machine.
    But this genious idea came to me:
    Cut down 70mm film to120/220 after shooting. xkaes(xkaes at aol.com) has or can be made all kind of cutters.
    i have the one cutting center-section down leaving perforation-remains on both side. Not good for labs-it could destroy their machine. cutting down only one side would be better.
    If you want to use b+w, ilford announced delta 100 and hp5 plus 70mm unperforated for the end of 2013.
    so xkaes can also deliver a cutter(maybe for this one one must wait 2 months) which cuts only one side, leaving full perforation on one side. if color-film is used and external lab then this is THE solution.

I developped a lot of 70mm films with one single 2517-reel in testdrum 2520 and jobo cpa2. even slide film-E6.
    Roundshot takes 70mm cartridges. can take up up to 6.5m film -thin vericolor hc or agfa avipan 200s or whatever thins film.
    to load 70mm film i have an alden bulk-film load with removed counter(could scratch film). of course during shooting i must exactly know where to pause and "cut" the film there afterwards on to 172cm lenght jobo 2517 reel.
    I also did presoaking film with water in fear of uneven developping. even slidefilm(they say its not appropriate).
    i never had any problem.
    Only in my older cpa2(i now have a second one) i found some weak mechanics behind the knobs of the command-module. thats why i have interrupted one of the functions(dont remember which one and i have bad access to the jobo now)in fear the mechanisme could stop during work. and yes, jobo confessed that the new rotator cpp3 has some weak parts in cpp2 or cpa2 solved. In another thread about hewes reel taking 220 film i have just read here that some cpa2 have a weaker motor. would be good to know which SNs.
    If someone is buying cutter from xkaes pls open a new thread, so we could buy together and let him produce it quicker than these two months. paying is in advance. around 40 usd. search filmslitter. there is a website.

How long is 220 film?

Linhof 70 Umwickler 002513(maybe 2514-the guide is incl. in 002513) as darkroom-alternative to the dailight-Alden Bulk film loader 70mm.
    there was someone in germany at ebay.de who had multiples of this item until 2012 for really cheap-35euro or less. I could ask to whom he has sold all the remaining ones.They were very expensive.575 /95 chf in 1988 if the film-guide is incl. then only 575 chf in total listprice without taxes.
    Not having the 15 ft. drumkit is not a big mess. a big mess is dealing with the needed 1.5lt chemistry in job rotating-machine. above all with color. calculate the limited 1lt-slots.
    Testdrum 2820 (for 10x40cm prints) not 2520
    www.3dreal.tk
    www.stereopan.org
    under reconstruction
    3dstereomedia
    aeropanorama
    marspanoramas

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

Not simplest but easiest way developping 70mm film

Jobo CPA2 or CPP or CPE2 rotatingmachine to take up 2820 testdrum(smallest tank).
    2517 70mm reel (172cm film lenght), of course one can use multiple reels in 25xx-tanks but i dont want to risk more than one film...

It so easy loading the reel and using the machine with lift.
    But maybe you are right doing fully manual. Power-failure could be catastrophic.

cutting down 70mm film after shooting is another option to avoid 70mm-developping. A manual cutting machine would be nice.
    www.3dreal.tk
    www.stereopan.org
    under reconstruction
    3dstereomedia
    aeropanorama
    marspanoramas

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin