Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,679   Posts: 1,482,185   Online: 1055

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    So - I got a 2" Fernco, which was the right size - about 2.75" outside diameter.

Got the name ring off and started on the lens assembly. Tried all of your tricks, and nothin' doing - except I did manage to remove the lock ring for the front lens element! (Guess I can clean out any dust inside, right?)

The main lock ring was TIGHT. I realized I needed a lens spanner wrench. Never have owned one of those. Even when shooting 4x5 product, I never had a problem with lens board lock rings.

But - am I not a man? A man surrounded by tools and whiskey, fine tobaccos, aged cognacs, asian supermodels and... grip gear. Lots of grip gear. From the fine folks at Matthews and Avenger and Filmtools.com.

Gentlemen, may I present the ghetto-span-5000. The lens assembly is out! What's next?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	64745

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	64746

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You got it MAN! use you head n it all works out jsut fine.. no fancy shamcy tools

we don't need so stinkin tools!

cool.. leave the frong element on,, you are opening a can of worms but if you feel it msut be cleaned.. go right ahead.. can of air handy n denatured alcohol.. paper towels, Bounty are best becasue they have no scratching paper in em. I also wear surgical gloves (unpowdered) so I don't get any oils on the glass.

OK next....

we are ready to take out screws...

see the 4 screws?.. take em out n inthe pill organizer they go. lay the parts so they sstay toether in the step order they came out

Next level has more screws.. take em out.. in hte pill organiser they go. same ting for order.

Set the morror up dial to M

Turn the sucker over..

See the square mask?.. notice how the flats line up with the green dots?.. remeber that for later.. you may have to remove the tin mask n tack it back in to align later.

There are 2 spanner notches in the part that hods the mask.. using a sraight edge or 2 screwdrivers or yor thumb nails.. unscrew it out.

Now here is another black ring inside with spanner notches.. remove the retainer ring, thte shutter in it;s mount will fall out in your hand. The flash sync thumb thing will fall out.. watch out for the very thin metal on the preview slide.

let me know when you are ready to go?

I didn't take off my layers but look to see if there are 3 of 4 screws along the top of the rim? If so loosen them so the mount will come right out.

I have to go downstaris to my shop n get some screwdrivers now so I can keep up with you.

You are almsot there BTW. THe shutter will ahve to come out of the mount n you are ready to wash her.

we'll do that tomorrow night.. meanwhile play with cocking it by rotating the actuating ring. Wath how it hits certain tings to open n close the shutter n fire as well as how the mirror up work.

PM sent..

paul 10-4 ONO!

see ya here same time n channel. now for intermnission

go get your pop corn!

having fun yet?
    Last edited by paul ron; 02-24-2013 at 08:32 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Got this far today - I got the two notched retainer rings out easily, but the shutter didn't come out. The three set screws on the side of the barrel (that go into notches, not holes) had to be loosened - then the assembly popped out. Looking good.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    that's it! you got it all in your hand now.

Play with cocking it n see how the tabs along the sides hit certain things n how the internals you can see are operating. study it over a few times then we'll take the shutter out of it;s mount. OK?

enjoy..
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin