Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,292   Online: 1128

Shooter
    Multi Format

Anyone who has a Mamiya RB 150mm SF lens, can you confirm this for me?

This question concerns my newly acquired Mamiya RB 150mm C Soft Focus lens. This is the lens that comes with 3 disks.

On this lens, there is a lever to close the aperture to the set value. On all other Mamiya lens, this lever goes to the end and when I let it go, it springs back. On this particular lens, as I move the lever, there is a definite friction point toward the end, and if I go further, it sort of "clicks" and stays there. I am guessing this "hold" feature is implemented to facilitate focusing, as this lens needs to be focused with aperture closed to around f/8. Can someone confirm this is the case? (or your lens does the same thing?)

Thank you.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    35mm
    your "guess" is correct

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank YOU!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That is correct.. the preview locks at the end of it's travel to allow you to focus.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    35mm
    Glad I could contribute something. Let me know what you think of the lens. I haven't really experimented much with it as a SF lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I plan to play around with it soon. My first step is to have my girlfriend model for me, holding a resolution chart and try without the disk, from f/4 to about f/8, then wide open with the disks.

Thanks both for your help!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin