Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,312   Posts: 1,536,664   Online: 807

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    self portrait with one of my favorite cameras.
    Attachment 64570
    Great shot McFly!
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    A good friend (Glenn Crosby, great photographer and then curator of the Ansel Adams Gallery) had driven up from Yosemite Valley to join me as I worked in the Wawona Tunnel. He photographed me using a Pentax 6x7 with a 45mm lens and Fuji Provia 100F film.

I planned the session for after mid-night so there would be little traffic. Traffic coming thru the tunnel could be easily seen, traffic coming the other way (from behind) could be heard long before it arrived. I think I moved the camera out of the way two or three times before getting the image taken, and once again when Glenn arrived. Taken on March 3, 2003 -- just shy of its 10th anniversary!

I used a Zone VI 8x10 with a Fuji W 300/5.6.
    Tri-X rated at 200ASA F32 at 1.5 minutes
    Developed in Rollo Pyro 20:40:1000, 70F for 10 minutes

The resulting image from my 8x10 is a scanned platinum print. I liked the little bit of wet pavement. I have another negative with car tail lights at the far end of the tunnel, but do not print it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vaughn Hutchins Wawona Tunnel, night.jpg   wawona-tunnel_ynp, 8x10.jpg  
    Last edited by Vaughn; 02-22-2013 at 03:04 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Excellent photographs. Love both the portrait and your extraordinary photograph of the tunnel. I don't suppose you had any fear of getting run over?

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    A good friend (Glenn Crosby, great photographer and then curator of the Ansel Adams Gallery) had driven up from Yosemite Valley to join me as I worked in the Wawona Tunnel. He photographed me using a Pentax 6x7 with a 45mm lens and Fuji Provia 100F film.

I planned the session for after mid-night so there would be little traffic. Traffic coming thru the tunnel could be easily seen, traffic coming the other way (from behind) could be heard long before it arrived. I think I moved the camera out of the way two or three times before getting the image taken, and once again when Glenn arrived. Taken on March 3, 2003 -- just shy of its 10th anniversary!

I used a Zone VI 8x10 with a Fuji W 300/5.6.
    Tri-X rated at 200ASA F32 at 1.5 minutes
    Developed in Rollo Pyro 20:40:1000, 70F for 10 minutes

The resulting image from my 8x10 is a scanned platinum print. I liked the little bit of wet pavement. I have another negative with car tail lights at the far end of the tunnel, but do not print it.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Thanks! No fear -- as I said, one could hear cars coming from behind for a long time before they showed up. So I could be under the darkcloth without worries. Fairly quiet in the woods at that time of night (there was no wind as I remember). When I heard or saw a car, I just took note of where my front leg of the tripod was located, locked down the movements of the camera and the head, and on the legs of the tripod and could re-set up fairly easy.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What if the is one of them Plug In electrics?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    One hears the tire noise, not the engine. The cars are coming downhill towards that end of the tunnel, so 1) not much engine noise and 2) braking increases the tire noise...fortunately. The cars are coming around a lot of curves, so headlights are no clue (plus being under the darkcloth). And if one did happen to miss hearing the car, the visibility is high.

I'd love to this in the Zion tunnel, but my luck the only vehicles coming would be the rangers (no stopping allowed in the tunnel, I don't think pedrestrans are allowed either..but allowed in the Wawona). Zion's is one incredible tunnel!
    Last edited by Vaughn; 02-22-2013 at 06:28 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Never heard of Steam Punk until now, must say I love it! That hat, scarf and Rollei...you are one really cool dude!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin