Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,482   Posts: 1,571,160   Online: 1217

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Rolleiflex won't stop advancing

My Rolleiflex suddenly refuses to stop between shots. I put in a new roll and the entire thing spools through without stopping for each frame. Probably something foolishly simple. Any thoughts?
    Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Did you load the film correctly? My 3.5f will do what you're experiencing if the film isn't run under the first roller.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The title of this thread immeditely made me think of "The Magic Porridge Pot"...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Did you load the film correctly? My 3.5f will do what you're experiencing if the film isn't run under the first roller.
    +1 - First time this happened I was completely stumped.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This video covers the basics of loading a Rolleiflex.
    He covers a lot of "beginner" material that you probably already know but he shows how the film has to go under the roller pretty clearly.

Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks all. I switch from this older unit and the newer FX which has no roller. You unlocked my brain freeze.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Don't worry. Many people make this mistake the first time.

I have a Yashicamat which loads the usual way. You pull the film leader over the aperture, attach it to the takeup and advance until the arrow on the leader lines up with the mark on the inside of the camera. Thinking the Rolleiflex loads the same way, I did as I usually did and ended up cranking through a whole roll of film. It wasn't until I searched the internet, downloaded the instruction manual from butkus.org ( http://www.butkus.org/chinon/rolleiflex.htm ) that I figured it out.

In my search, I also found that video. After the SECOND time, when I forgot which camera I was using and loaded it wrong AGAIN, I hunted up that video again and bookmarked it, figuring that somebody else might find it helpful, some day.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is a very instructive film.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin