Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,495   Posts: 1,543,022   Online: 803

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sanity Check

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Rollei SL66(E/SE) is another alternative to consider, with limited movements (tilt only) and outstanding close-up abilities without the need for extra lenses or extensions. Essentially the same glass as the Hasselblads.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholai View Post
    Everyone is talking about how LF cameras doesnt need to be bigger than MF ones, but the enlargers. Those are big, and you need even more space if you want to make big enlargements.

Søren: Woops! 2500 kr,-
    Are they??? Whoops right my Omega D3 is twice the size of my Durst 700
    Nicholai: Tempting.................... very tempting. Whats included in such a deal and what more is needed (got DD's) for a working outfit?
    Best regards
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I second the advice on the SL66. Optics are the same as Hasselblad but cheaper. They do not need maintenance also since they have no shutter or helicoid. Only once with my 150mm lens I had the aperture to be fixed. A great advantage is the seamless close up focusing. If you want to use the older lens designs like 80mm/120mm Planar or 150mm/250mm Sonnar I would favour the Rollei. The 50mm lens is also very good once stopped down. However, the Rollei ist more heavy and bulky compared to a 500cm. You will need a stury tripod.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeren View Post
    Are they??? Whoops right my Omega D3 is twice the size of my Durst 700
    Nicholai: Tempting.................... very tempting. Whats included in such a deal and what more is needed (got DD's) for a working outfit?
    Best regards
    Hehe! I was about to get a Durst 138. Thats one big thing! He. I think you misunderstood me! I already sold it, for that price.
    Nicholai Nissen
    Kolding, Denmark
    nicholainissen@gmail.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    I just did the opposite kind of. Sold all of my 35mm film except for my NIB F4s body and now shoot 4x5 almost exclusively. Yeah I'm that guy that walks around with a 4x5 Speed Graphic.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a 4x5 (folder) and 503CW. I prefer my 4x5 mainly because of the movements, but also because of the workflow, the pleasure of composing on the ground glass, and, arguably, the results I get. However, when I cannot travel with it, Hassy is a wonderful replacement, compact and light. Still, I've never used my Hasselblad for a landscape not thinking that I wish I had the 4x5 with me at the time. For portraits it makes less of a difference.
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Shooter
    35mm
    Store one of the 4x5's inside the 5x7 to save space. I don't know if that's practical or not but it's worth a shot.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholai View Post
    Hehe! I was about to get a Durst 138. Thats one big thing! He. I think you misunderstood me! I already sold it, for that price.
    Yeah I was considering the 138 too, until I saw one in the darkroom at Vrå højskole The Omega D3 (or D2) is more humane in size.

Best regards
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Slixtiesix View Post
    I second the advice on the SL66. Optics are the same as Hasselblad but cheaper. They do not need maintenance also since they have no shutter or helicoid. Only once with my 150mm lens I had the aperture to be fixed.
    Are the optics cheaper? When I was researching medium format SLRs, it seemed like the Rollei system was the once place that didn't have a price advantage over Hasselblad. Whereas the Mamiya and Bronica lenses can be found for very lowprices, the Rollei lenses (and accessories) seemed higher on average. Also, there is so much Hasselblad equipment on the used market that if you are patient, you can find most items for very competitive prices (if you aren't attached to the absolute newest bodies and lenses). Lots of people overprice 'blad stuff though, so you have to look around that. You may have something on the maintenance cost, but I suspect a Rollei repair (if needed) would be more costly due to scarcity of parts.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Speed Graphic with a roll film back, no movements, its big and clunky compared to a Hasselblad, it will take 4x5 film as well as 120,they are pretty cheap to buy and many inexpensive lens available. The worst and best of both worlds.

Mike

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin